EGR voltage multimeter

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: EGR voltage multimeter

Post by Dcunning35 »

Wiring for dv6 egr is as bellow
Pin 1 ref voltage to position sensor
Pin 5 ref ground for position sensor
Pin 6 position signal ,so approx 0.5v at rest valve closed
Pin 3 motor switched ground status 91s this is pwm
Pin 4 motor supply ,battery voltage

Etis shows a resistance value for valve motor of 3-6ohms

You can either use scan tool to actuate motor and check for plausabilty of position sensor
Check load in circuit to motor by using 21w bulb isolating pcm and powering circuit independently from pcm side ,you can now volt drop wiring and check for any undue load
Stc made a very valid point earlier about making sure the postion sensor signal is correct as pcm will disable actuation if position hasn't change after a period of time to prevent pcm burning out .

This is probably too late but I haven't gad reply from pm so I had a look any way

NAYN9

Re: EGR voltage multimeter

Post by NAYN9 »

Dcunning35 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:16 am
Wiring for dv6 egr is as bellow
Pin 1 ref voltage to position sensor
Pin 5 ref ground for position sensor
Pin 6 position signal ,so approx 0.5v at rest valve closed
Pin 3 motor switched ground status 91s this is pwm
Pin 4 motor supply ,battery voltage

Etis shows a resistance value for valve motor of 3-6ohms

You can either use scan tool to actuate motor and check for plausabilty of position sensor
Check load in circuit to motor by using 21w bulb isolating pcm and powering circuit independently from pcm side ,you can now volt drop wiring and check for any undue load
Stc made a very valid point earlier about making sure the postion sensor signal is correct as pcm will disable actuation if position hasn't change after a period of time to prevent pcm burning out .

This is probably too late but I haven't gad reply from pm so I had a look any way
Hi sorry for reviving this dead thread, but i think i got the same probleme. i got code P042F(egr valve stuck closed) i changed it but same error i asked for another part from the store always the same code( i still didn't perforf the egr reset with Forscan but i read that for mk3's it's not really a problem) now i think it might be a electrical probleme i don't have a voltmeter but i will get one and i would like to ask for an advice and the wiring diagram if you have it. i am scared it might be a 5v signal from the pcm and it's not a cheap fix