2006 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0L

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
BonetAuto

2006 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0L

Post by BonetAuto »

Greetings to Pico Family, this Vehicle belongs to a near by garage and I was call in to proses together what this technician was experiencing with this Nissan.
The Pathfinder will start and had no power with codes P0011,P0021 INT/V Tim CONT-B1,B2 wile we were dissecting all the information obtained the technician pull out the actuator valve for a bench testing this was decided after much testing and the vehicle had no respond, the technician B proceed to put air true the oil passages on the head. I not a wear that this was happening I was bench testing the actuator with technician A. The Pathfinder was put together and it run like new it had power then the car cut off by its self and it turn from no power to running perfect to a no start what a nightmare pull out codes P0335 and this is wear am at with this Nissan.
Will the PCM will turn off spark & inj. if TIMING its off this much degrees?
Attachments
Nissan_Pathfinder_2006_Petrol_20160714-0001referencevsnissannostart.psdata
Nightmare
(4.61 MiB) Downloaded 583 times

BonetAuto

Re: 2006 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0L

Post by BonetAuto »

Greetings Pico Family, I notice that the reference wave form was in blank when you open the file if you left click on the reference window once it will be there. I don't know if this is a glitch but both wave forms are there thanks.

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 2006 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0L

Post by Fat Freddy »

Hi
Will the PCM will turn off spark & inj. if TIMING its off this much degrees?
Probably but not because of the amount but because the logic/parameters are not being met. But who knows? But with respect who cares? If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck it's probably a duck. And to confirm it you are going to either going to have to get your WPS out to confirm or just pull it down. Which I'd imagine you have already done.