New PicoScope software release 6.12.1 Beta

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
PhilS
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

New PicoScope software release 6.12.1 Beta

Post by PhilS »

PicoScope software release 6.12.1 Beta – March 2016

Installation notes
Important note: If you have a version of PicoScope earlier than R6.10.16, you must update to R6.10.16 or later before installing this new beta. To update automatically, use the 'Help > Check for Updates' menu command in PicoScope.
Please note that releases from 6.12.1 onwards will not support Windows XP or Vista. Windows 7 and later is the minimum requirement. Users of older operating systems will need to remain on 6.11 versions of the software. This is due to support for XP being dropped from the Microsoft development tools that we use to create and improve the software.

New PicoScope features
Buttons
Buttons
• Combo Box Touch Buttons. These improve the operation of PicoScope on a touchscreen. In addition to offering the standard drop-down selections, each of these controls features a simple DECREASE and INCREASE function on buttons to the left and right of the drop-down.
Combo Box Buttons
Combo Box Buttons

• Moved the Horizontal Zoom Control – this is now between the buffer overview ‘compass’ and the select ‘arrow’ on the main menu.

• Numerous In-Graph Adornments for Serial Decoding (not all protocols). The various fields are now visually identified by colour allowing a quick overview of the packet when scanning through a sequence.
Serial Decode Improvements
Serial Decode Improvements

• Edge Measurements – new types have been added to the Measurement menu for rise/fall time and edge counts.
Edge Measurements
Edge Measurements

PICODIAGNOSTICS
• Time Domain Signals
• Add Mic and Accelerometer axis data to various graphs
• Changes to Vibration Markers
• Allow pulley ratios to be specified as speed ratios
• Changes to Y-axis dragging

For a great explanation of the new time domain functions and other new features in the NVH software, please see the forum posting from Steve Smith.
topic13221.html

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: New PicoScope software release 6.12.1 Beta

Post by volrem »

PhilS wrote:
• Numerous In-Graph Adornments for Serial Decoding (not all protocols). The various fields are now visually identified by colour allowing a quick overview of the packet when scanning through a sequence.
The attachment Serial Decode Improvements.png is no longer available
I kind of like this new layout for serial decoding however I have to say that I miss the old one also.

It would be great if both versions are displayed or I can choose which one to see.

New layout displays each field separately but it's harder to read. Yes I can move mouse over the data to see more info but it's just one more step to take.

Sometimes I just need to see ID and DATA fields without other info.

It's great that there is a small "gear" button that takes me directly to settings. In older versions we had to go to menu each time.
Attachments
pico_can.png

PhilS
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: New PicoScope software release 6.12.1 Beta

Post by PhilS »

Thanks Volrem

great feedback - I guess it's why Coca Cola ended up bringing back the Classic.

As a Windows luddite, I do appreciate that improvements are not always that for every user.

I'm not sure whether what you suggest is possible, but it would be good to get your feedback again once you have used the new version for a month or so.

Best regards
Phil