PicoScope software release 6.12.1 Beta – March 2016
Important note: If you have a version of PicoScope earlier than R6.10.16, you must update to R6.10.16 or later before installing this new beta. To update automatically, use the 'Help > Check for Updates' menu command in PicoScope.Please note that releases from 6.12.1 onwards will not support Windows XP or Vista. Windows 7 and later is the minimum requirement. Users of older operating systems will need to remain on 6.11 versions of the software. This is due to support for XP being dropped from the Microsoft development tools that we use to create and improve the software.
New PicoScope features
• Combo Box Touch Buttons. These improve the operation of PicoScope on a touchscreen. In addition to offering the standard drop-down selections, each of these controls features a simple DECREASE and INCREASE function on buttons to the left and right of the drop-down.
• Moved the Horizontal Zoom Control – this is now between the buffer overview ‘compass’ and the select ‘arrow’ on the main menu.
• Numerous In-Graph Adornments for Serial Decoding (not all protocols). The various fields are now visually identified by colour allowing a quick overview of the packet when scanning through a sequence.
• Edge Measurements – new types have been added to the Measurement menu for rise/fall time and edge counts.
• Time Domain Signals
• Add Mic and Accelerometer axis data to various graphs
• Changes to Vibration Markers
• Allow pulley ratios to be specified as speed ratios
• Changes to Y-axis dragging
For a great explanation of the new time domain functions and other new features in the NVH software, please see the forum posting from Steve Smith.topic13221.html