Saving a Waveform at Vehicle Details ... lost waveform

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Saving a Waveform at Vehicle Details ... lost waveform

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi
I was showing a trainee how to save a file, with all the vehicle details being completed and managed to lose the waveform, while the save dialogue was still open!! I had a drop down open (I think it was selecting Channel B's item - ie "Battery voltage") and possible pressed a keyboard combo - [end] or [ctr+end], really not sure ... but a file loaded in the background and replaced my waveform! It loaded a file from the same directory that my starting template file had been loaded from, but it was not a recent file.

I finished the full save, just in case my data was still there, in the background somewhere, but it was not!

This is clearly a bug, you should not be able to load a new file while saving! (cable and scope where not unplugged, but this has happened during saving, another really annoying issue).

Also, the [enter] key takes you to the filename dialogue, with no way back to the vehicle page, please can you change the [enter] key to select the data - if in a drop down - and provide a path back to vehicle page, from the save filename dialogue. People love [enter] and use it to select, maybe use [ctr+enter] to move to the filename screen?

Thanks
Richard Lukins
FioranoCars.com

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Saving a Waveform at Vehicle Details ... lost waveform

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Richard and thank you for the post and feedback.

I have not been able to reproduce the symptom of inadvertently loading a waveform in the background and replacing the waveform you are saving.

I have followed the combination of keys you selected (End and Ctrl/END) but the waveform remains stable with none loaded

Not sure if you may have these keys assigned to a specific shortcut under the Preferences/Keyboard menu?
It may be worth checking as my keyboard map is set to default.

I can see how the Enter key may introduce confusion when entering vehicle details as this takes you straight to the File Name dialogue box as you mentioned.

I will add this as a new feature request as a customisation feature for the software team.

Take care.......Steve

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Saving a Waveform at Vehicle Details ... lost waveform

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi Steve
Sadly can't remember the exact combo of keys, and new trainee was driving the keyboard, so could be anything, even 3 or 4 keys at once or even an ! but I would like to think that within the software code it might be easier to track this bug ... and no I've been unable to reproduce it, buy I was watching as it happened and swore several times :-)

Also can you add to the list of test conditions "KeyOn EngineRunning WheelsTurning" ? For ABS and Road Speed issues this has some improved clarification ?

Where is the vehicle database stored on Win7 machines?

Thanks

Richard Lukins
FioranoCars.com