no touch screen with new update

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
tangoman
OneWave
OneWave

no touch screen with new update

Post by tangoman »

Hi I just update the software on the Pico scope and now I have loss the touch screen that work great for a few years on all my touch pc but now with the new update it does not working not happy ! please Pico let me use my touch again I can use the mouse ok and I can use the touch screen on all the icons and the drop screen but the bit I use all the time the magnify does not work with the touch screen can you please fix it .. I know it the software update because the one pc that it did not work on with the new software so the I use a pc with the old Pico software and it work great did the up date and I loss the magnify touch so it has to be the new software

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: no touch screen with new update

Post by PicoMike »

Hi tangoman,

I've spoken to Development about this and there have been some changes to the touch interface.

Previously the touch interface piggybacked mouse movements, hence pressing the zoom tool and then touching the screen in the way you would with the mouse.

In the most recent update this has changed and the touch interface is seperate. Now to zoom, you simply pinch the screen (pinch-to-zoom), much like smart devices.

You can also pan in the the way you would a smart device.

Please can you try this with your latest software?

If this does not work, please can you tell me:

Operating system & the Software release information (under Help>About).

In the meantime I will check the release notes to see if this has been addressed.
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

tangoman
OneWave
OneWave

Post by tangoman »

HI yes this ok but I still like the old way better . don't forget this is a Automotive Lab scope so when we are using it my hands are not to clean or we have gloves on so I use the digitizer pen that work so much better and way more accurate to pin point the spot I am magnifying . so please asks the guys to give me this option back

Thanks and all the best

tangoman
OneWave
OneWave

Post by tangoman »

Also forgot to say if your using a smart board would not be to good using the pinch method it is not precise please give us back the options to zoom the way we use to before .. ask the guys that did the new software to fix it please