reference waveform feature

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
eric989
OneWave
OneWave

reference waveform feature

Post by eric989 »

Hi Steve,

Hare are you?
I read your cases studies, several times I saw you overlaid the reference waveform perfectly. How can you achieve that? Take the follow image for example, I mean how can you make the 4 TDCs in one vertical line? I noted the Trigger set as None.

When I use the reference waveform feature, usually the reference one is on the left or right side of the live/channel waveform.

Thanks,
Eric
Attachments
CYL_AFTER_TIMING_CHAIN_RESET.jpg

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: reference waveform feature

Post by Fat Freddy »

Hi eric

I'm not Steve but I'll give it a crack.

Always best to post the data files. Makes it easier to interpret.
But they look like it's been done while cranking so RPM is going to very similar and it's very easy to be selective and use time delay for a demo, poetic license.
delay.gif
That's my take without the file.

HTH
FF

eric989
OneWave
OneWave

Post by eric989 »

Hi FF,

Great, many thanks. I never noticed there is a delay option for the reference waveform before.
Cheers,

Eric

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

And then you can use time rulers to determine how much delay you need to write into the box. Since pressing up/down button changes delay in 1s increments but usually need delay in ms. And you need both waveforms to be at same rpm to match.

FEATURE REQUEST: It would be great if we could stretch/shrink reference waveform to compensate some differences in rpm.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you all for the posts and its great to see how we can all help one another, it is much appreciated.

The new feature request you mention has been entered in another format where we look at cylinder pressure waveforms in a "Rotation Domain" rather than a "Time Domain".

As you have highlighted, matching cylinder speeds can be a nightmare and I have to confess I have spent ages trying to align compression waveforms from multiple cylinders across numerous buffers.

I like the idea of "stretching and shrinking" time and will add this theory to the existing request for sure.

Take care.......Steve