Pico scope you tube videos

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
tangoman
OneWave
OneWave

Pico scope you tube videos

Post by tangoman »

HI first let me say its great that Pico Technology have a few videos on you tube and they all great
but the one about testing CAN systems I like to ask

I did notice you had auto trigger on ? I sure if you had a can communications problems say a packets of data going down you might have not seen it because you have trigger ! I don't have trigger on when I looking at can so I do lose any info on the scope can you please let me know why you have auto trigger on and you might miss the can line packets. maybe I been doing wrong ? but I have always seen the can lines when they have problems using no trigger I have the old Pico Scope 4423 scope maybe the new 4425 is fast so you can use trigger ? when scoping can ?

I did ask this on the you tube Pico channel but not had a answer yet

thanks and all the best and hope Pico Technology put up more great video

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Pico scope you tube videos

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post.

Could you post the link here to the video as this would be great to share with others?

I do agree with you with regards to triggering on CAN signals unless you know what glitch to expect and where.

Auto trigger would have been selected in order to stabilize the signals on screen (which is of real benefit for new users)

The Auto trigger will wait for the trigger settings to be compromised for a specific time only.

If the trigger conditions are not met PicoScope will display the waveform regardless of the trigger settings so allowing data to be viewed onscreen (Once again, ideal for new users who find themselves with a real CAN fault on first connection)

I hope this information is of some help, take care.......Steve

tangoman
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Pico scope you tube videos

Post by tangoman »

Thanks Steve here the link to the Pico scope video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVXc6KGTj1c

all the best