Research waveforms

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
LucaB
OneWave
OneWave

Research waveforms

Post by LucaB »

Hello to all.

I wanted to ask if in the future you can have the possibility to organize our waveforms as in "PicoScope Waveform Library" with the possibility of search.

Thanks in advance for your answers, Luca

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Research waveforms

Post by Alan »

Hi,

If from within PicoScope you upload the waveforms to the online database then you can search through them (make/model/signal type/ecu type etc). The only thing to note is that by doing so you are sharing them with everyone else - most people want to do this but I can understand if its some confidential research that may not be a solution.

Regards
Alan

LucaB
OneWave
OneWave

Post by LucaB »

Hi Alan
Thanks for your answer.
Your speech is right, but there are some problems:
- If you do not have the pico connected I can not see my waveforms after work and think about what I did during the day
- My internet connection very slow, now I uploaded or downloaded spends much time and so my work on car repair very long, this is not always possible customer hurry and labor costs become too high and not competitive.
- Many files that are too large and does not accept online library.
- At first glance it is difficult to know if a waveform is good, then lead astray user who sees my waveform
- On online library you should only load waveforms where to be safe
- My language is Italian so my "notes" are written in Italian, a long time serves to mè to write in English

I hope you understand my bad English.

Greetings

PicoPhil
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoPhil »

Hi Luca
Thank you for your post about internet connection and file size. I can totally understand your problem with internet speeds as i sometimes have the same problem at shows, we may have very poor connection. I tend to save the file to my Laptop locally and reopen when required. Again the same with files that are too large.There is a warning when loading waveforms onto the library if too large when saving. We are very grateful for good and bad waveforms saved within the library for every one to see.
Philip

PicoPhil
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoPhil »

Hi Luca
Remember that you can search in my waveforms in the menus. the only problem is that this will bring up all your waveforms.
Philip

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

I believe LucaB would like to see the same feature that I do (and probably many others).

Search the same way as in Waveform Libraby but from the folder in my computer.

In example.

I have 1000 waveforms in my computer in folder X.

I need to search waveform from petrol engine and channel label Crankshaft sensor.

Just open my File menu in Pico and click "Search" (or "Local Library" etc) and choose needed parameters just like in Wavefrom Libraby.

Click search and all waveforms on my hard disk matching that criteria will be listed.

This would be awsome.

LucaB
OneWave
OneWave

Post by LucaB »

volrem wrote:I believe LucaB would like to see the same feature that I do (and probably many others).

Search the same way as in Waveform Libraby but from the folder in my computer.

In example.

I have 1000 waveforms in my computer in folder X.

I need to search waveform from petrol engine and channel label Crankshaft sensor.

Just open my File menu in Pico and click "Search" (or "Local Library" etc) and choose needed parameters just like in Wavefrom Libraby.

Click search and all waveforms on my hard disk matching that criteria will be listed.

This would be awsome.
Hi Volrem having made the center of problem
:D :D

PicoPhil
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoPhil »

I will put it on the wish list.I can only ask. :lol:
Thanks
Philip

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

A little late in the day, but this would be very useful, as we can't upload all our files, and have several thousand (high % sadly pre the ability to log all the details we can now), but it would be good if ...
1. Multiple search locations could be specified, IE network library and local pc as well as "pico central", and you could opt to only search specific locations (IE just local or network and pico ... Etc)
2. That files of your own/organisation that appeared in more than 1 place only showed once but informed the user of the different sources
3. That local searches included the ability to use client details or technician etc, even job card numbers, basically data you'd sanitise from the global pico resource

Thanks