Vibration Analysis plugin failure

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
Valhalla
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Vibration Analysis plugin failure

Post by Valhalla »

I'm not sure if I am the only one to have had a terrible time getting the latest Pico softwares to talk to the the NVH tools? As it stands, I can only see the NVH and Balancing tabs on my main laptop by using the Beta software 6.11.5, cannot see them in the stable 6.10.18, and then that was only after a lot of hassle with deleting old versions of Pico software. My desktop PC, running the same operating system (Win7Pro) has no problems displaying the tabs in 6.10.11.15 !

The error I see in the taskbar is that there is a missing plugin for the Vibration Analysis function if I try to use the stable 6.10.18.

Belet
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Vibration Analysis plugin failure

Post by Belet »

Hi, Valhalla, I got the same problem with the version 6.11.18 which is without a NVH test option.
Maybe it's a bug. Pico stuffs have to deal with it next official version.
I recommend the version 6.10.16 to you.

Belet

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you both for your posts.

Unfortunately you are right that the current stable version (6.10.18) is missing NVH and this most certainly is a bug that has been resolved and will be rectified in the next stable build.

The current beta build ( 6.11.5) should work fine with NVH with all plugins visible and this is the version I have been using to date

It does look as though you have cracked it by installing the beta version after numerous deletes of older versions.

The beta software by its nature may present operational or installer issues depending on the remains of previous versions.

It would appear that from an operational point of the view, the beta is function fine in this example but from an installer point of view, there may be an issue with previous versions.

Many thanks for the heads up on this, take care......Steve

Valhalla
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Valhalla »

Thanks for the reply Steve. As long as the beta release is OK for this, I'm happy to stick with that until the stable releases have the feature. The installers probably need to take more account of problematic "older" releases these days, as the tools get older - and subsequently OS's get a longer history of updates from the past.

Thanks, Stuart