207 1.6 HDI P0087

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
BradCobbs
OneWave
OneWave

Re: 207 1.6 HDI P0087

Post by BradCobbs »

KimAndersen wrote:As you already have replaced the fuel filter is this now out of diagnostic plan, but there could
be other things there are restricting the fuel flow to and from the high pressure pump.

Is there a priming pump in the fuel tank or is the fuel being sucked from the tank !!!.
I have completely bypassed the filter because I know the plastic housing that the priming pump is situated on is renowned for inducing air leaks and the fault still occurred. I have a really good flow of fuel on the low pressure side.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

I understand the description, I was trying to get you to.
By replacing the rail pressure regulator on the pump with a dead end blank?
A bit more to it than that !
So by that could it be that the pressure regulator isn't efficient? Slow switching which causes a pressure drop?
Prove it if that's what you think ! that will be 1 test out of the way.

A pump proof test will give you direction.
Fuel Circuit pressure measured in the injection rail lower than the setting
I have a really good flow of fuel on the low pressure side
I'm sure tech data would not tell you to make sure you have really good flow ,you would be provided with a value !

Do you understand the common rail system principals & dangers of the system ?

BradCobbs
OneWave
OneWave

Post by BradCobbs »

We don't have the necessary equipment to control the pressure regulator to perform a pump proof test. We have a blanking kit which tricks it to produce maximum pressure.
Attachments
Maximum cranking pressure.
Maximum cranking pressure.

BradCobbs
OneWave
OneWave

Post by BradCobbs »

There's it filtered slightly.
The injectors are disconnected and regulator isn't on the system so the peaks and troughs should be pump rotations?
Attachments
Dead end injectors disconnected filtered.jpg

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

We don't have the necessary equipment to control the pressure regulator to perform a pump proof test. We have a blanking kit which tricks it to produce maximum pressure

The injectors are disconnected and regulator isn't on the system so the peaks and troughs should be pump rotations?
So the answer to the last question is 'no not really'.

So if you've done the pump proof test correctly do you think the system is able to create the designed pressure, if not the next question is why not & which way do you go now ?? (if the FRP sensor is telling the truth)

lukevwaudi

Post by lukevwaudi »

Looking at the proof test it seems that fuel pressure is far too low. Has the priming circuit been checked pressure wise?

RYM6746
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by RYM6746 »

I don't suppose you found the answer to this one in the end? I have a car at work with exactly the same symptoms. I have scoped every thing but the fault has never occured when the scope has been attached.