Capcha

Please post any comments related to the use of the forum here
Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Capcha

Post by Fat Freddy »

Hi.

Being trying to edit and save a post to finish later. Every time I go to save, I reach the point where it asks if I still wish to save without attachments - yes/no. I hit yes. The screen refresh's to a capcha screen and asks for the number in the above image.
I manage to complete the task malware would struggle with and redirects me back to my edit screen but all my work has gone.

But the weird bit is I can post no problem. Even if it is just a smiley. This has only started in the past week.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
FF

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Capcha

Post by PicoMike »

Fat Freddy wrote:Hi.

Being trying to edit and save a post to finish later. Every time I go to save, I reach the point where it asks if I still wish to save without attachments - yes/no. I hit yes. The screen refresh's to a capcha screen and asks for the number in the above image.
I manage to complete the task malware would struggle with and redirects me back to my edit screen but all my work has gone.

But the weird bit is I can post no problem. Even if it is just a smiley. This has only started in the past week.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
FF
Hi FF,

I can't seem to recreate this. After:
Every time I go to save, I reach the point where it asks if I still wish to save without attachments - yes/no. I hit yes.
My screen simply reverts to the "choose last topic" or "choose last forum" screen.

I don't see:
The screen refresh's to a capcha screen and asks for the number in the above image.
Even on posts with image attachments.

When you say your work is gone, I assume when you want to continue your post you do use the Load draft button?

It may be as Moderator/Admin I am seeing different screens.. :(
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Hi Mike

On this thread I can save my work as normal, no problem.

On my Overlap thread, doing exactly the same thing I get this -
Last step.png
And all my work has gone, not saved or anything, nothing to continue with. Could it be do with the number or size of saves I have already done?

Cheers
FF

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Hi FF,

I just went to your thread and got the same behaviour as I did when I created my own thread (ie I don't see that^^^).

I'll get some other forum bods to think this through, and see what I can find.
Mike Valentine

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Hi FF,

Can you try again? There was a setting in the admin panel that may have caused your issue.

Please let us know,
Mike Valentine

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Hi Mike

Still the came. Still the capcha and lost work. This only started after the 20-4-15

Cheers
FF

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Hi Mike

Got it sorted. Too many drafts saved on that particular thread.

HTH
FF

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

This problem is back worse than ever. :cry: although not losing work.

Trying to post up a new topic (nothing to do with cars or pico or scopes - may be it knows, que spooky music :wink: ) but this Capcha thing is happening on save - Capcha, on preview - Capcha, up loading a pic - Capcha.

It's annoying

I have wiped all drafts - no change.

I just want a big bragging moment - my scope is to gather dust. But it won't let me. Well easily.

Cheers
FF

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Hi Chap

Strange one. I just mirrored your permissions and settings to my profile, and I was able to do everything you mention, without a Captcha.

Is there any possibility it is part of some sort of Add-on or Extension in your browser? Can you try a different browser and see if the probelm persists?

Thanks,
Mike Valentine

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Hey.

Thanks for the quick reply. Using IE???. So tried Google Chrome and it's worse.

Went to upload file - Capcha - proved I'm not a total robot and it went back to a totally wiped 'post a reply screen'. Nada.

This is the only forum I get this on. I can post but it's a bit hit and miss.

Any other thoughts. There's some nice pics for you. It'll give you hope during your day job. Which of coarse you love.

Cheers
FF