Capcha

Please post any comments related to the use of the forum here
STC
Banned

Re: Capcha

Post by STC »

I have had that too, and it seems very random. Always when I have spent some time constructing a post, sods law ?

I have made a habit of Copying the text "Ctrl + A" then "Ctrl + C" before I hit the "Submit" button. That way I can "paste" it back in again if the "captcha" deletes it.

Not the answer but a solution for now.

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Oddly, I would normally, but for some reason clipboard was not functioning (ctrl-C or Right click), and was pending a reboot to sort it, so my usual defence to the editorial knife called "Captcha" was gone ... fortunately the back button worked, odd, as previously it had not (ie 6 months ago) ... anyway, it's a real frustration.

Richard

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Indeed the "back" button is hit and miss, sometimes the text is there, randomly not. Way above my comprehension.

I can just about fix a car !! and that's on a good day :) :) :)

Last week (or the week before) I was "barred" from posting - Well my IP (whatever that is) address was. A day or so later and it got sorted.

Same IP address - I guess ?? Not something I know much about.
... anyway, it's a real frustration.
In our chosen trade "frustration" is a lifestyle choice but none of us remember making the choice - do we ?

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

I totally agree about this capcha thingy on this forum, I must have copied the text and repeatedly tried to post it at least 30 times before it finally posted. I was wondering if the moderators had a facility on this forum to control it so that we would lose heart posting when things get out of hand, you know what I mean.

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

We are aware of the issues and looking for a solution.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Any solutions yet?

On this thread today topic16291.html I was unable to quote Martyn and add a comment as it would take me to a 'Capcha'.

I completed the task that proved that I was more than likely not a robot, or at least one with an exceptable amount of AI. But when I was returned to the post to be submitted my comment only was removed. Which is why it has been done as two separate posts that I could complete no problem.

Cheers
FF

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Martyn wrote:We are aware of the issues and looking for a solution.
Uninstall it from the software program and it will work great for us all :D

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Technician wrote:Uninstall it from the software program and it will work great for us all
Sadly that would not be great for us all, as we'd be spam'd to kingdom come :cry:

While the issue of Captha is annoying (especially for FF and me!) and needs a robust and zero data loss fix, opening the forum to spam would mean at best annoyance of all users, and for Pico, probable loss of reputation, hardly a "good idea" !!

But then again some users probably would be better fully moderated anyway... ?

On that thought good night, or for Freddy good morning, still very jealous BTW !

Best
Richard

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

I take the hint, however I have not come across any other forum in the last several years that has a capcha system like this one.

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

As you may know, our forums system has been around longer that these forums. Different platform. We don't have any capcha annoyances but the registration process has a few more hoops to jump through. This enables us to vet each registrant. The benefit is that we just don't allow ANY spammers or bots in no mater how hard they try. Therefore, we have no need for a Capcha or any pre post moderation. Once you register, you can participate freely right away in all the areas you are able to access.

http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Forums spamming is a major industry and they are relentless. We get attacked literally hundreds of times each day.