Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Generator

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Generator

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Hi Richard
dont know if you got sorted with a pwm generator but if not i can point you in the direction of one with a % read out it comes a a pre assembled pcb board no case i use mine to test iac and other solenoids as well as ac variable displacement compressors cost me more for a box to put it in than the board less than £20 i think

Andrew

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D
Hi Richard
dont know if you got sorted with a pwm generator but if not i can point you in the direction of one with a % read out it comes a a pre assembled pcb board no case i use mine to test iac and other solenoids as well as ac variable displacement compressors cost me more for a box to put it in than the board less than £20 i think
Why don't you post a link up. Then many can look and evaluate the generator? :)

cheers
FF

andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Ok will sort out some wave forms this weekend and a link to where i got mine

Thanks andrew

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Hi Richard ,hickleys do a pwm pro tester at £230 plus vat all specs are on there website .
I think max current it will drive is 40amps for 2 minutes.
Hope this helps
Danny

andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Hi this is the same as the unit i used UK ebay item number 330742041947
Was hoping to do some waveforms this weekend to show if its ground side switched or supply + switched or both but a jag with coms problems got in my way. This is no way a ready to go unit i made leads up on mine just to clip on the battery and I always tested disconnected from the car loom. I used the same unit to control the heating element on the heater for my smoke machine but adding a cut of timer for safety if i remember correctly its a 1khz pwm also got one for the snap on rep so he could demo with a IAC and scope

this was just my solution for checking ac and iac and heating valves dosnt mean its right

Thanks Andrew