Renault Traffic M9R engine intermittant misfire

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Columbus
OneWave
OneWave

Renault Traffic M9R engine intermittant misfire

Post by Columbus »

Been looking at an M9R 2007 Renault Traffic came with a complaint of misfiring intermittently code stored was df0026 injector 1 circuit fault. I have been scoping the injectors with a current clamp.
Injector 1 was at 2.7 at idle on the correction factors all others seem to be negative and less then 1.
Here is the waveform for injector 1:
injector 1 idle current.psdata
injector 1
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 941 times
This waveform doesn't have the same duration as other cylinders and is noisy on the second part of the waveform.
here is cylinder 3 as a comparison:
idle injector 3 current.psdata
injector 3
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 775 times
Any thoughts?
cheers

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Renault Traffic M9R engine intermittant misfire

Post by Robski »

I have been scoping the injectors with a current clamp
Whilst misfire was present ?
Injector 1 was at 2.7 at idle on the correction factors all others seem to be negative and less then 1.
What did they all add up to & which end of the engine were you at with the clamp ?

Do you have a spare injector for one of these ?
Any signs of water around the top ?

PS, is this a single channel scope ?

Columbus
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Columbus »

Hi Rob
I was at the timing side rather then gearbox side i checked which injector by unplugging one and seeing which one came up on diagnostics.
Misfire was not present but it i have driven the vehicle and it does seem to be underpowered.
I will check figures tomorrow again on live data and come back with a total.
I checked both injectors 2 and 3 they had almost exactly the same waveform but cylinder 1 is

Its a 4 channel older version pico automotive scope only only have 1 20/60 amp current clamp though.

No spare injectors and the top of the engine does look rough possibly from water but it is 8 years old now and french :)

cheers

Columbus
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Columbus »

injector one piezo shorting to the body in the end hopefully have it all back together Tuesday