practising using the picoscope

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
hurricane

practising using the picoscope

Post by hurricane »

Hello I was just going through the introduction software provided and while watching the video on how to set up and use the picoscope the gentleman was able to select and incon in the top left of his picoscope called "demo signals." From this icon he was able to select a signal (ie. injector voltage signal) and he was able to manipulate the settings of the scope for best capture of the image. I do not have that icon on my scope, is there something I am missing or do I need to load this data in some way in order so I can follow along practising the various settings I am being exposed to. Thank you.

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: practising using the picoscope

Post by Alan »

Hi,

The layout of the software has changed a bit over the years. To access the demo signals make sure you are using a copy of PicoScope automotive downloaded from this site (the splash screen says automotive and there is a drop down menu called automotive).

Without a scope plugged in the software will offer to run in demo mode. Towards the top of the screen is a row of controls for the channels. A B C D. At the end of this row is a little waveform icon with a down arrow on it - click here to adjust the demo signals.