Clio 1.5dci cutting out.

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
krisrg87

Clio 1.5dci cutting out.

Post by krisrg87 »

I have a clio in thats cutting out.it has fault codes for rail pressure sensor coherence and rail pressure sensor permanent high. There was also the same codes for the inlet manifold but i tested it using a mityvac and scope and it looked good. I was hoping some could take a look at this waveform of the rail pressure sensor and give me an opinion if anything stands out. thanks
Attachments
Renault_Clio_2005_Diesel_20150216-0002.psdata
(19.33 KiB) Downloaded 759 times

heady2010
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Clio 1.5dci cutting out.

Post by heady2010 »

Have you checked your 5 volt reference? Try disconnecting the egr valve and stress testing the wires to the rail sensor.

vasek
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by vasek »

If you have K9K , trouble code DF137 and that waveform in comparison with standart, one of the reasons - wrong pressure regulator.May be there is no correspondence between the control current, and a high pressure .Sometimes it may help flushing and blowing out with compressed air after removing pressure regulator.But sometimes it helps only replace.In any case, you need to compare the current through the solenoid and the corresponding pressure.
Attachments
CDI pressure.png

krisrg87

Post by krisrg87 »

Thanks for responses. Will look towards pressure regultor and carry out further tests.