Differential Probes

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
cfuller

Differential Probes

Post by cfuller »

Would the Pico TA057 Differential Probe work with our Picoscope 3423 Automotive scope for high voltage applications? i.e. Hybrid vehicles....

Thanks in advance!

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Differential Probes

Post by PicoMike »

cfuller wrote:Would the Pico TA057 Differential Probe work with our Picoscope 3423 Automotive scope for high voltage applications? i.e. Hybrid vehicles....

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

You can use the TA057 in this manner (within its limit). The TA057 will only output a few volts, so there is no concern over the 3423 input range.

The manual for the TA057 is here: http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/DO ... l.en-1.pdf

I would like to hear more about what you are doing, if you feel like sharing of course :)

Thanks,
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

cfuller

Re: Differential Probes

Post by cfuller »

I would like to hear more about what you are doing, if you feel like sharing of course
Thanks Mike,

Playing mostly, I am building a Hybrid/EV class using existing and some of my "yet to be developed" curriculum.

I need a way to isolate the, or minimize a ground path to chassis ground when playing with some high voltage circuits...
From what I read this would be a good way to do it. Always open to ideas....

I want to watch Motor field current and voltages at various times and maybe grab some wave forms for class.

Thanks for your reply