COP leads

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

COP leads

Post by Liteace »

I went to use me COP leads yesterday for the 1st time in a while, they're still in the original box and its about the 5th time Ive used them, noticed the tops were loose, thought maybe they were threaded like a spark plug so tried to tighten them with me fingers, nothing happend, still loose, after closer inspection, when I say closer inspection I just put me glasses on so I could see :shock:

I noticed 3 out the 4 are like this:

As the tops are loose are they making a good connection inside ??

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: COP leads

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Liteace and thank you for your post.

This is most unusual for the insulation about these leads to separate in such a fashion.

You are right that the conductor is not threaded and any attempt to rotate them within the insulation may result in fracture.

Thank you for pointing this concern out as I would like to resolve this for you ASAP.

I would like to recover these leads to enable the engineers to understand why this has happened and so provide feedback regarding the manufacturing process if applicable.

With any issue of this nature, can you contact the support line at Pico either via support@picotech.com or via the phone on 01480 396 395

The support service will endeavour to provide a faster return of service than the forum as any automotive issues are directed through to the automotive team who can respond and process issues of this nature from received customer contact through to global dispatch.

I hope this helps Liteace and I look forward to your email where I can process this concern

Take care......Steve