2006 combo 1.7 cutting out

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
krisrg87

2006 combo 1.7 cutting out

Post by krisrg87 »

Hi, having a bit of a time with this one. While idling it will just stall and will crank but not start again unless you turn the ignition completely of and back on again. It will also cut out while driving. No stutter or coughing, just dies. please offer any advice. I have included injector current and voltage. cheers
Attachments
z17dth.pdf
live data at idle
(5.64 KiB) Downloaded 799 times
Vauxhall_Combo_2006_Diesel_y17dth.psdata
(3.41 MiB) Downloaded 700 times

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: 2006 combo 1.7 cutting out

Post by Robski »

when was the attached PDF data taken ? when at fault or not ?

Desired & actual rail pressures are yards apart !

Chris C Stahl
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Chris C Stahl »

Any trouble codes? when cycling the key you are resetting the ecm.

krisrg87

Post by krisrg87 »

The data was taking at idle prior to cutting out. Am I right in saying the rail preasure control valve is working overtime too? From what I understand it should be at about 18% and any higher would indicate a leak? But with the rail pressure showin higher than desired I wouldn't expect there too be a leak. Correct me
If I'm wrong, I still have a lot to learn in diagnostics.

Codes: p1481, p1482, p1190 all present

P1216 not currently present. My Maxysis won't give a code description for some reason.

Thanks

krisrg87

Post by krisrg87 »

here is a rail pressure wave form taken today. When I get another chance I will scope the regulator valve, what a nightmare these components are to get too.
Attachments
Vauxhall_Combo_2006_Diesel_fuelrailpressuresensor.psdata
(22.79 KiB) Downloaded 630 times

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

P1216 not currently present. My Maxysis won't give a code description for some reason.
Thanks
Do you not have an information database ?
Am I right in saying the rail pressure control valve is working overtime too? From what I understand it should be at about 18% and any higher would indicate a leak? But with the rail pressure showing higher than desired I wouldn't expect there too be a leak. Correct me If I'm wrong, I still have a lot to learn in diagnostics.
Again an information database would tell you this, AD, Global ........

It's no good testing in dribs & drabs, get the vehicle & go through it methodically from a road test with the scan tool graphing data to the scope attached to see in real time with a quicker refresh rate than the scan tool & in the workshop environment making the car think it's on the road & thinking it does have a leak & watching the ECU's reaction !

Get yourself an info database it's no good without.

From my information database...........

P1190 Rail Pressure Control Valve Stuck
.Sensor signal out of range

P1216 Rail Leak Detected
.Common Rail Pressure Too Low

Rail Pressure Control Valve Pulse Ratio <50% @ Idle
.Consumers off
.APP not actuated

As I said get an information database as without you're in the dark & can't just rely on being spoon fed in hope for silver bullets !

krisrg87

Post by krisrg87 »

Thanks robski. I do have autodata, only in the last couple of months but I find whenever I need to know a code it hasn't got it!

I agree about testing in a methodical manner and spending time on it. The reason it's a bit at a time is because my boss still won't give me the time. I bought my own Picoscope and attended some training and just trying to put it in to practise. I'm trying to prove to him it's worth it.

I see from reading on hear robski you know your stuff, so appreciate your advice. I'll get stuck in and see what I find.