Forum Areas

Please post any comments related to the use of the forum here

Re: Forum Areas

Postby sigoaprendiendo » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:13 am

KimAndersen wrote:Just to add to the above post.

I dont know if there are guidelines how to ask or present a diagnostic problem in this forum.

If not, then I think there should be minimum of information/data available for the members to make a qualified decision of what do with the diagnostic problem.

From time to time, when we are faced with a diagnostic problem, we only have limited information available to use - sometimes there is only some written text without info regarding what engine code or what car model we are dealing with.

We are not god !!!. We cant see through engine and say whats wrong or what do in that situation, when the engine behave strangely.

A good diagnostic approach starts with the communication with the customer and the information that he or she can give regarding how the problem has developed over time.

But sadly, is there many there think, if we only get the diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) that its enough to diagnose there problem car, but its not enough in my opinion. :wink:

Hi Kim

Absolutely agree with you, we have to submit relevant information so that we can help each other. Some times I refrain to lend a hand when someone ask for whatever problem the car has just because a previous imagination exercise is necessary to figure out what is going on.

Return to Forum feedback