PicoScope Beta 6.9 Waveform Library Browser

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: PicoScope Beta 6.9 Waveform Library Browser

Post by liviu2004 »

Hi dorcky, you are not exactly in the same situation as I was. I don't have windows XP and I believe this is where your issue might be. Give it a try on another PC.

VASTech
OneWave
OneWave

Post by VASTech »

Liviu! You are right! Sorry for this, just see that you have trouble with something else...
Anyway, it seems that the older Windows XP SP3 is not working anymore with the actual Waveform Library database.
Still, if there is here any user here who is on the old WIN XP, please let me know.
If I will found a solution for this I`ll post here, if anyone is interested.
Thank`s!

VASTech
OneWave
OneWave

Post by VASTech »

Hi guys!
After few days of research, I finally get to the bottom of my problem with connection error to waveform library, witch cannot be accessed in Windows XP SP3.
I do not want to write too much here, because XP is a obsolete OS system, so not many of users of this forum use XP anymore, but any of you who still use XP please contact me via PM to give more info.
Thanks to anyone who try to help, include here victor2k, so thank`s Victor!

Regards!

VASTech
OneWave
OneWave

Post by VASTech »

Well :)
After I got a PM from Ben, I was ask to share here, method to make old WIN XP to connect with Waveform Library. It seems that the problem is SSL certificate for establish a secure connection to the server that is obsolete aswell in WIN XP and is needed to be "updated". So I found a certificate update that able me to connect to the server. Anyway, problem with WIN XP it is not fully resolved and never will, because if the file downloaded from library is created with a newer version of Picoscope, you won`t be able to open the file with latest version (6.11.12) available for XP . So... hmmm... too bad. The only solution is WIN7 ->
Anyway, for those who want to try, in attach is XP certificate update, please feel free to try.
BR, Vasile
Attachments
Cert_Updater.zip
(210.53 KiB) Downloaded 298 times

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

As I said dorcky, we are all here together to help us make the job that little bit easier and if there is a way in which we can do so then we need to share this information!

Thank you for posting this option up for those that are still using XP. It would be great to hear some feedback from those that have had trouble using the waveform library.

Kind regards

Ben

kzanders

Post by kzanders »

It would be great if pictures could be added to help show additional details. It is always great to know where the person tapped in. 8)

NZ_Jonny

Post by NZ_Jonny »

Hello

I have a 4425 scope running 6.13.6.3775 software under win 10 and the waveform library does not show up under the file menu.

How can I get access to this?

Thanks
Jonathan

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

Are you running the PicoScope 6 Automotive version of the software available from the Software tab at the top of this page, or do you have the T&M version installed, both are currently at the same build versions.

The Automotive version will have "PicoScope 6 Automotive" in the title bar.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

NZ_Jonny

Post by NZ_Jonny »

Thanks, yes this was the problem. I must have been on the picotech site.

Cheers

valveteknology

Post by valveteknology »

Hello
I have the picoscope 4262, it is not automotive but I use it in the my garage and it works well. I can not use the automotive software and I can not access the library. Is there a solution?
Thanks and best regards