PicoScope Beta 6.9 Waveform Library Browser

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: PicoScope Beta 6.9 Waveform Library Browser

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you Daniel for the post and taking the time to provide the image. At present there is no work around regarding the upload of these files but we are working towards a solution.

I guess one of the questions has to be "How large does the upload file limit have to be set at to cover the majority of uploads"?

This is food for thought and we are on the case.

Take care......Steve

Daniel R Knudsen
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Daniel R Knudsen »

I think the limit on 20MB (our file) would be just fine for most captures.
Then you’ll have to adjust it to 30-35MB at your end, or fix the database to match the approximate file size.

Keep up the good work. :)

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

I agree with Daniel. 20MB psdata files are a good maximum size. We just increased our forums upload limit to 20MB. We found that 15MB wasn't quite large enough. Of course we have our cloud for the gigantic files, but it's nice to be able to have them right on the boards in the discussion thread when possible.

Daniel R Knudsen
OneWave
OneWave

Hi.
I tried to download my own file from the library. And even it stats that the file is 12,82MB, it is the same size when I uploaded it (5,25MB).
But now the channel labels are missing.?
Attachments
2014-07-07-3.jpg

Daniel R Knudsen
OneWave
OneWave

Only 3 of my oploads have this issue.

Perhaps we could have the option to edit or delete, if we found problems/faults in our uploads.?

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thanks again for the feedback Daniel and duly noted with reference to editing. Again this has been discussed here at Pico and something we need to address.

20MB would be there or there about with reference to file size, but its the increase upon upload we need to resolve.

An amendment to the process of upload is one option, or simply increase the allowance is another.

We will keep pushing rest assured.

Take care......Steve

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

The information below is copy of the same post http://www.picoauto.com/support/topic10147.html.

I thought it would be applicable to post it here too.

Please find below a list and screen shot of some excellent new features that I am sure will become invaluable as our use of the waveform library grows (not only for sharing but for storage and reference that is available anywhere in the world).

1. Customers are now able to edit their uploaded waveforms directly via the Waveform Library Browser.

2. Customers are now able to "request removal" of their uploaded waveforms, and write a message explaining their concern with the relevant waveform. Once a "request removal" has been made, the waveform is hidden from all users.

3. Customers can now view a list of all their uploaded waveforms by clicking on the "My Waveforms" link at the top right of the browser.
WAVEFORM LIBRARY NEW FEATURES.jpg
The above is just the start of numerous improvements, some of which we have discussed here thanks to your valuable input.

(Just reading my post back, by customers I mean PicoScope users).

I hope this helps, take care.......Steve

Daniel R Knudsen
OneWave
OneWave

Good work Pico team. :D
I have a couple of suggestions more, to make it even better. (For me at least) :lol:

The login in box stats that you’ll be logged in until you sign out. But when you turn off the computer you’ll have to type in password again.

And another issue is that the share and save is default. When more users begin to use this library, I could imagine that a lot of “not so good/mistaken” waveforms will fill up database.

Just some thoughts. :)

Daniel
Attachments
2014-07-24-2.jpg
2014-07-24 .jpg

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hi Daniel and thank you for the feedback.

We have been looking at the log in issue and so far we remain logged in under varying shut-down conditions. Closing the software or shutting down the PC, all appears quite stable. (Remain logged in)

Can you run through a typical scenario where you find yourself logged out after logging in? Almost like a step by step guide along with the software you have running, anti virus details, PC details etc.

You can email via support@picotech.com for the attention of Steve Smith

Moving onto the "save and share" de fault setting, I totally agree with your sentiment on this issue and its one we will tackle as the waveform library grows.

As soon as modifications and improvements appear I will post them here to update all.

Thank you again Daniel for your comments, more fuel to the "Ideas funnel"

Take care.....Steve

Daniel R Knudsen
OneWave
OneWave

The login seems to work just fine now. I’ll let you know if it happens again.

I found another issue, maybe it’s just me. The problem is only on the Lenovo W500 laptop with Windows XP.
See attachment.

Thanks,
Daniel.
Attachments
Textbox.jpg