Beta releases have NOT been fully tested by us. If you choose to install and use the beta software you should expect to run into bugs. These bugs may range in severity from minor features that don’t work to problems that may cause your PC to crash.
This forum post is intended to provide a brief introduction to a new feature prior to full instructions being added to the manual. If you have any questions/comments about its use (including just wanting to thank the developers for adding the feature
) then please post below.
PicoScope has for many years had Duty Cycle available as a measurement, now through maths channels you can also plot the change of Duty Cycle over time (something we have longed for). To use the new feature follow the steps below.
1. From the TOOLS drop down menu, select MATHS CHANNELS then click on the CREATE button.
2. From the "Equation Editor" select ADVANCED and then click on the DUTY button followed by the letter of the channel you want to use (in the example below we have used channel A)
3. Remember to place the negative symbol before the channel letter of your choice to graph the negative duty cycle E.g. duty(-A) for the negative duty cycle on channel A
If you are happy with the default colours and name click NEXT
If you are happy with the default range (0 to 100%) then click NEXT
4. You have now added Duty Cycle as a measurement and it will be available in the “Library” for future use. Click on the check box adjacent to “duty” to enable the feature.
5. The example below shows the negative duty control of a CR Diesel fuel pump "Volume Control Valve"
PicoScope 6 Automotive Beta version 6.9.5 can be downloaded at https://www.picoauto.com/download-software.html