2008 Fiat Punto 1.9lt T/Diesel 130 Mutijet eng.199A5.000

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
modo
OneWave
OneWave

Re: 2008 Fiat Punto 1.9lt T/Diesel 130 Mutijet eng.199A5.000

Post by modo »

Sorry about the delay this place has been a mad house the last month. I did find that the fuel had been contaminated smelled like linseed oil so dumped it a total fuel tank out and drained completely. And fresh fuel, a tad better but still not good enough. I have the pump off now and checking the suction valve and can't really see any thing out of the ordinary. I did take the car home for test on Friday to see if the new fuel had made a difference but no. On the way back to the shop the car stalled mid accel. and I pulled over and had the scan tool on and stupid me looked at the codes and then cleared them with out recording but I was stuck on the side, but I do remember that they were over fuel press. critical codes. Thats why I have pulled the suction valve off. I have a 3ohm at room temp. I know that is a bad test but I am getting desperate. Kim I think the battery was getting low that's maybe why the CKP was low it does want to start causing the amplitude range change the battery is fully charged I always check it first before I do anything. Got caught many years ago with a doggey battery.
Thanks Dom

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi Dom

The resistance of the MPROP valve is within specification - 3 Ohm is fine.

Lets make some assumption regarding the DTC that are generated for either low or high rail pressure. Lets assume that it makes to high rail pressure and thats why the engine is cutting out.

I know it´s a little theoretical discussion and its not the best point of view to attack this problem with - I would rather base my diagnostic pathway on facts and real readings from alot of different tools. But as we all know its not always possible to do that so we must improvise or think out the box.

My approach to your problem would be to think of what could cause a higher rail pressure than normal and one valve which that has a big influence on the rail pressure are the DRV valve. I would meassure the duty cycle on the signal wire that the DRV valve are connected to as a starting point.

I know it not easy and especially not if the problem are temporary, but you must collect some real readings where you can make some diagnostic steps based on your knowledge and your observations you have made.

It´s not much that a can contribute with at this stage. I sure hope you come to the bottom of this problem. :wink:

Regards
Kim

modo
OneWave
OneWave

Post by modo »

Me too this is a night mare at the moment. This vehicle doesn't have a DVR just a eletric low press. pump, hi press. pump, MPROP and rail sensor only. This code only came once then cleared I may have thought the MPROP may have stuck wide open then stalled. Still not sure, give me a petrol any day can nut them out all day.
Dom