Audi PD TDI misfire

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
mteste03
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Audi PD TDI misfire

Post by mteste03 »

Hi,

What is the camshaft torsion value?

Matt

Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Greg.H »

Hi
Engine code is BLB 140HP.
I did read MAF value.specified vs actual matched with eachother.There is no glitch or drop out in signal and reach 3.8V peak voltage.Obviously lower than should be due to limp home mode.Misfire is still present with MAF unpluged.
Only reason why i upload this case here is because scanner data doesn't help.Someting to do with injector control.
Camshaft torsion value matched with specified when i looked at but i can't remember what was it now.
I can't upload the newest captured waveform again.
I swapped over injector 1 with injector 2 and the voltage discrepancy is still present at number 1.
So this must be eather wire or ECU issue.Other 3 injector voltage waveform lookes fine but number 1 is completely different.With number 1 injector unpluged engine runs smooth with 3 cylinder without any misfire.When i pulled off injector 2 engine misfire while runs on 3 cylinder.

Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Greg.H »

I placed injector 1 voltage&current over injector 2 voltage&current.
Blue:injector 1(faulty) voltage
Red:injector 1(faulty) current
Yellow:injector 2 voltage
Black:injector 2 current
Attachments
20140420_160423[1].jpg

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Try and fix your uploads out. Looking at images is not easy and not much can be gleaned from them.

Try and follow what has been asked. Kim and Robski are asking for specific information because you are stuck and they require that info to help you progress further.

Regarding said image. In my completely novice thoughts about this PD set up would suggest you recheck your connection points - (wiring diagram perhaps). But could be wrong. :wink:

HTH
FF

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi Greg

What type of PD injector are your Audi fitted with !

When you did your resistance check on your injector did you check for possible short circuit to the casing of the injector !

Regards
Kim

Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Greg.H »

Hi.i still can't upload the captured waveform
Bosch type injectors fitted to the car.
Yes I checked for short to casing and wasn't any resistance but like I sad pronlem didn't move with injector swap.If you zoom in the first waveform you'll see PD injectors power side switch and cylinder number 1 voltage waveform looks like what we see on ground. other 3 injector looks fine.i measure ground as well in the newst capture what I can't upload and that is what through me off.voltage waveform can be seen!!!!!!!i looked at 4 times and I definetelly probe the common earth.middle pin on the round plug.i also checked wireing diagram and confirmed that's the ground.

Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Greg.H »

Throw Me off.Sorry.Bad english