Grande Punto 1.3 multijet

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Dejan
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Grande Punto 1.3 multijet

Post by Dejan »

And this one...
Attachments
Neispravan CKP signal 1.psdata
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 301 times

Dejan
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Dejan »

And another one...
Attachments
Neispravan CKP signal 2.psdata
(8.07 MiB) Downloaded 263 times
Last edited by Dejan on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dejan
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Dejan »

speck wrote:Hi, don't really know the set up of this engine. I am guessing right now, maybe you got an harmonic balancer which
is seperating ? Just an idea
Hi Speck,
good idea but CKP sensor is located on gearbox housing and reading signal from toothed wheel on other side of crankshaft.

According to VIN it doesn't have dual mass flywheel.

RYM6746
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by RYM6746 »

Kona has pointed out that the injector current has disappeared long before the crank signal did. What ever caused that to happen is probably causing your crank signal on the scan tool to drop out too.

You said that there was no fault code?
If you simply unplug the crank sensor when running and the ECU logs a fault code that prooves it has the ability to log a crank sensor fault. Even better if you could momentarily make and break the circuit to see if you
1. Log a fault code
2. Have exactly the same symptoms
3. See if it has the ability to run on just the cam sensor alone.

This way you are replicating your theory in a controlled manner which will either proove or disprove your theory. Seeing that you have scoped the crank signal at the ECU and it doesn't drop out and the ECU has been replaced I really don't see what more you can do in that area.

I would imagine something completely of your radar is causing the ECU to behave like this.

RYM6746
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by RYM6746 »

Try unplugging large current consuming actuators 1 at a time. I.e EGR and throttle body motors to see if any of them stop this from happening it's rare but I have seen them leak unwanted voltage into an ECU and cause it to misbehave. Maybe even injector cut off test using scan tool may help.

Dejan
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Dejan »

RYM6746 wrote:Try unplugging large current consuming actuators 1 at a time. I.e EGR and throttle body motors to see if any of them stop this from happening it's rare but I have seen them leak unwanted voltage into an ECU and cause it to misbehave. Maybe even injector cut off test using scan tool may help.
I tried to unplug all actuators on the engine,one at the time,including injectors and egr solenoid.After that I tried to unplug all sensors,including ones with reference 5v feed,one at time,with no change to faulty engine behavior.

I also unplugged alternator suspected for AC voltage leakage (also checked that with scope,but in that situation I didn't believe in anything any more),with no result...

The car doesn't have xenon lights,so there is no possibility for that kind of electron magnetic interference...

I suspect also on voltage leakage somewhere in wiring,but we done test with another car like I said so with new wires and connector for CKP sensor connected to that car and I think it eliminates that possibility.

I didn't try to unplug CKP sensor momentary,car is gone but if I get chance I will do that for sure...

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
Use this .psprobe and record the rail pressure at starting,it must be over 250-270 bar
Attachments
Bosch 0281002706 rail pressure sensor diesel.psprobe
(1.35 KiB) Downloaded 316 times

Dejan
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Dejan »

victor2k wrote:Hello,
Use this .psprobe and record the rail pressure at starting,it must be over 250-270 bar
Thank you,very much 8)

Dejan
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Dejan »

Hi,
update for this discussion.I had same problem with another vehicle and that one is fixed.The cause was rotaphonic wheel for CKP sensor.There is very slight visually damage on it and that is it doesn't have perfect round shape,it's oval a little bit on one place.That caused the clearance between wheel and sensor to oscillate.I will post later waveforms before and after.

georgica67

Post by georgica67 »

Hy, how do you solve the problem, you change the rotaphonic wheel ? i have the same problem with a 1.3JTD fiat doblo 2006 the ecu don't read signal from the sensor