save on trigger

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Carl Grotti
OneWave
OneWave

Save On Trigger

Post by Carl Grotti »

Hi Mark,

I like your Avitar. :) You remind me of an Autonerdz student. (bg)

Welcome aboard.

In reply to the post above yours; I wouldn't want my files to be overwritten in a Save on Trigger folder. If you want these files gone, go through "My Computer" and delete them. If you want to save them, either create another folder or move them to another location. I recently started PicoScope running off of one of my save on trigger captures and yeilded an extra 101 files to that folder. None of them were overwritten and that was good for me because I wanted the other files in that folder. I personally would rather not have any overwrite options created by the software dept. This would increase the likelyhood of erasing important files.

Regards,

Carl Grotti

markspencer
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by markspencer »

Hi Carl,
I personally would rather not have any overwrite options created by the software dept. This would increase the likelyhood of erasing important files.
Thanks for your input, and your reasoning is totally correct why we don't implement an auto overwrite option.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Post by Guest »

i can see your point but some of the cars i'm getting are failing after half hour drives so recording say an example 5000 files should be resonable safe.
Bit like a video tape after it's reached the end it just starts again

Carl Grotti
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Carl Grotti »

Hello Guest,

Please identify yourself so we know who we are talking to. I don't know if this is Alex Chong from the beginning or someone else. If this is Alex, please log on. If not, log on as well.
i can see your point but some of the cars i'm getting are failing after half hour drives so recording say an example 5000 files should be resonable safe.
Bit like a video tape after it's reached the end it just starts again
I can't possibly imagine setting the save on trigger to SOT=5000.

What elusive event are you looking for? Secondary ignition?

Regards,

Carl Grotti