Primary V Cranksensor crashes my software?

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Paul Gunstone

Primary V Cranksensor crashes my software?

Post by Paul Gunstone »

Hi Admin,
Just a quick question, Installed v 6.00 beta today, but when I click on 'primary v crank sensor in the drop down menu, the system brings up an error window inwhich to save a report on this problem, when I close this box, the software closes. I am using a Picoscope ADC212 2 channel scope on a LPT1 port configuration. Any suggestions greatly received! (ps: great new software this new version).
Many thanks in advance,
PG.

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

crash

Post by Autonerdz »

Hi Paul,

It seems the psd file that menu selection loads is not compatible with PicoScope 6. It opens in PicoScope 5 though. Send the error log to the Pico 6 engineers. I attached the one I got. It's not you :wink:

The automotive menu selections are good to get you started and have some nice examples but none of them are optimized for best performance. You will find that configuring the scope manually for your captures will yield better results and then you can save your own psd files for recall when you want to do a similar capture.
Attachments
Report_2006_09_23.zip
Error Log from crash when selecting 'primary v crank sensor' in the drop down menu.
(41.63 KiB) Downloaded 982 times
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz

paulgunstone

Post by paulgunstone »

Thanks for the reply Auto,
I'll send the report to engineers tomorrow
All the best,
Gunner. :D

davidj
OneWave