NVH and Bluetooth ELM327

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
rudolf
OneWave
OneWave

NVH and Bluetooth ELM327

Post by rudolf »

Greetings!

I have a Bluetooth ELM327, cheap clone, nothing fancy. I got it in bundle with a software called MotorData. It reads everything just fine with that software. My issue arrises, when I use the interface with NVH.
It seems to not work with VW group CAN bus vehicles. At first, I assumed it doesn't work with CAN bus, but it worked on a 2008 Volvo and a 2007 Opel Zafira B, on a 2005 B6 Passat, it doesn't. Motordata connects without issues to anything, reads codes, parameters, the whole deal, but NVH doesn't detect the interface, but as I said, only on CAN bus vehicles from VW group. Maybe I should order a cable interface instead of bluetooth one?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Rudolf

Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: NVH and Bluetooth ELM327

Post by Mark Dalton »

So far I've not been able to get a wireless version of these tools to work. I've tried wireless and Bluetooth. The NVH tool appears to look for a port connection, USB or Serial Interface.

rudolf
OneWave
OneWave

Re: NVH and Bluetooth ELM327

Post by rudolf »

Nobody any ideas?
Mark Dalton wrote:So far I've not been able to get a wireless version of these tools to work. I've tried wireless and Bluetooth. The NVH tool appears to look for a port connection, USB or Serial Interface.
Mine works, but as I said before, everything except with VAG group for some odd reason and those are 70% of my clients.