Dual mass flywheel

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
lorenz30

Dual mass flywheel

Post by lorenz30 »

Hello

i ordered a pico nvh Standard kit with mongoose lead. I´m very excited to play with it. My question is, can i identify a bad dual mass flywheel with the nvh kit? What would be the Vibration Levels from the engine? Thanks a lot for your answers.

Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Dual mass flywheel

Post by Mark Dalton »

The NVH Tool will idenfity a vibration that is the same frequency or some multiple of that frequency and it will display the magnitude of that vibration. It's up to you to work out the source of the vibration. The NVH Tool cannot inherently tell you what component is the cuase. If the magnitude is large enough then there is only a limited number of components on the engine that can cuase very large vibrations.
In general, for diagnosis with the NVH Tool, there is no absolute values for different components / failures. Each measurement is relative. Which frequency of vibration has a greater magnitude than all the other Known frequencies.

HecFix

Re: Dual mass flywheel

Post by HecFix »

Mark Dalton wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:23 am
The NVH Tool will idenfity a vibration that is the same frequency or some multiple of that frequency and it will display the magnitude of that vibration. It's up to you to work out the source of the vibration. The NVH Tool cannot inherently tell you what component is the cuase. If the magnitude is large enough then there is only a limited number of components on the engine that can cuase very large vibrations.
In general, for diagnosis with the NVH Tool, there is no absolute values for different components / failures. Each measurement is relative. Which frequency of vibration has a greater magnitude than all the other Known frequencies.
Hi ,Mark, sorry to but in on your discussion here, but i found a thread you responded to, regarding Holden VY Commodore, bosch tech 2 , diagnostics, back in 2016 ! this is off your topic here, i appologise but i think you can help, Can i please ask, if you can help me out here regarding if you can check my vy V6 2003, :?: With a tech 2, tool, or if you know where in melbourne some other technician or sevice person could check out my "pcm " and pinpoint tune and fix the "under load " surging issue im having at the moment, thanks , i hope you can help here, i think this is the best option, ive done basic tests, and replaced coils, etc, but still a tune or a sensor problem somewhere, .im in melbourne hence i thought you maybe able to help. :?: :idea: :roll: