Pico scope not reading!

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Dave Hill
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Pico scope not reading!

Post by Dave Hill »

The space bar start / stop function is reliable.

The thing you need to remember is that the capture window needs to be the active window in focus. If you find that the space bar does not function as expected, simply click your mouse cursor somewhere on the screen, within the capture window itself.

If you imagine having two windows open & you were browsing the web in one window & running the scope in the other, pressing the space bar whilst the system focus was on the web browser, clearly the scope window would not respond to the space bar input. By clicking in the waveform screen, the system focus returns to the scope & the space bar function works as expected.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

Technician, problem solved? Scope and clamp now ok?

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Thanks Kev,

Yes I'd seen them functions before and saw the first picture on the scope advising it was running. I wasn't confident that I would see a current waveform because the engine would not start from cold, but after initial start it would start all the time. The scope can't display an output waveform unless the scope receives an input signal, and I clearly believe the scope was not receiving such a signal. Maybe it is better if I also check the supply voltage to the heaters at the same time, then if the current demand is there, if, I should see the voltage P.d.

Dave Hill,

Thanks for your feedback, the Pico scope is a new learning curve for me, not had it that long and the last time I used it I was depressing the space bar and signatures were present, so I was confused this last time round when no signatures were observed, although I suspected no current, however the starter circuit should have had current so at that point confidence was lost, at that point I felt something was wrong with the scope. I put it all down to having a bad day.

liviu2004,

There is nothing wrong with the equipment, it all worked previously, I'll be looking at it again very soon and we'll see what the outcome is, but I will update as soon as I know something.

Thanks for your replies.