Cannot zoom in on capture.

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Cannot zoom in on capture.

Post by Martyn »

The custom probes, on the non filtered channels, have filters built in to them
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Martyn wrote:The custom probes, on the non filtered channels, have filters built in to them
Only one of them does. B has no custom probe or filter.

I can create a file not using the original file but instead starting with my default settings (clean slate). If I apply his custom probe that is filtered to one channel then make a capture, all channels vanish when zooming. Even those running with no filter and no custom probe.

We have always advised not running with filter but instead applying a measured amount after a capture is made. I would not advise using that option when creating a probe either.

So, if non filtered channels are not 'supposed' to vanish then we have a bug do we not?

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

I will check again, but don't have access to PicoScope 6 until back in the office.

I do agree with capture dirty, post capture clean :)
Martyn

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

We really appreciate you looking into this. No rush. It's been a while anyway.

Not sure it would be of any help but here is where I think it first came up in August 2013:

http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB ... 3070/27#21

That little animation was done without any filters at all. Funny thing was, later I could not duplicate that myself... :roll:

Notice though it behaves just as this one does.....

Elusive little critter. You look behind the breakfast cereal box and he's there and then he's gone. Like a scurrying roach... :x .

denisf

Post by denisf »

Had one of those also. Captured on an Asus tablet, Windows 10.
http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB ... 001.psdata

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Thank you Denis.

That's a great zoom vanish example of a capture that has no filters applied to any channel.

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

If you look carefully at the last trace, the data is missing even on x1, there are a couple of pixels missing which when you zoom in correspond to the amount of missing data. The same on the original file as well, so maybe it isn't anything to do with zooming at all :shock: , which is why the team have never been able to find it.
Martyn

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Thank you Martyn. Maybe we are on to something? Still very difficult to duplicate even with a file that exhibits the issue.

Not sure it would be of any help but have noticed a consistency with reproducing the non filtered channels vanishing when one channel is filtered.

Applying filter after the capture results in only the filtered channel vanishing when zooming. When running the scope with filter active on one channel, the resulting capture vanishes all, including channels that have not been filtered.

Not an issue for us as we train our users to never run with an active filter but thought it may be a clue of some kind. I understood from your earlier explanation of the filter zoom vanish effects to only pertain to the filtered channel.

Would I be correct in assuming the non filtered channels should not vanish?