picoscope R6 (Beta) Automotive missing header and controls

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Rich_Barton

picoscope R6 (Beta) Automotive missing header and controls

Post by Rich_Barton »

Hi Group:

I have been using the pico 6 (Beta) and it was working good.
I was using it and all of a sudden the keyboard stopped working and when I hit the keys all it would do is make a click noise and not work but the mouse was still working a screen did come up and ask if I wanted to not use the keypad I thought I said no but after I entered that the screen went weird.

I don't get an error but the header and control settings are blank.
The waveform screen is running the last captures I had and the notes are at the bottom but that is it I can not control it or do any thing with it.

I shut the lap top down and my key pad came back but the scope screen is the same as I just explained.

So I uninstalled pico 5 and pico 6 beta off of my laptop and installed pico 6 beta and it still has the same problem as explained above so I went ahead and reinstalled pico 5 and it works right so it looks like I am out of luck on the pico 6 beta unless you guys can help me I think there is some setting in my computer that is changed not letting the controlls show up they are just blank boxes when the key pad went dead and I entered a setting on the screen that showed up at that time man I wish I could go back.

Thanks for any help and I do like the way the scope is going keep up the good work

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I am not sure what has caused this but it looks like the problem is residing in the local settings. I recommend to do the following:

Uninstall PicoScope 6
Go to: Documents and settings\Local Settings\Application Data\Pico Technology\

There will be a file (or more) in there which has an installation ID which is just a string of numbers and letters.

Delete this file and then reinstall PicoScope 6. This should return it to the initial state.

If this gives the same problem again or this procedure doesn't reset it then let me know.

Best Regards

Rich_Barton

Post by Rich_Barton »

Hi Sarah;

Thanks for the help and I think you are on the right track but I have a gateway computer and it must have a different way to get to the installation ID.

If I do it like you said on my compaq it will do as you say with no problem but I have 2 gateway computers laptops and both act the same way.
I start with my computer,local disk C then open documents and settings it takes me to owner file I open it and all it has is folders ,cookies,favorites,start menu,delete.me,reglog,desktop,my documents,windows,ntuser, I have looked in all of these for a application data\pico technolgy but can not find them so gate way must have another way to get to this file.

On my new gateway laptop I did get most of the header working all but the toolbar. and my old gateway laptop it will not unzip the pico6 so if I can find the file for application data\pico technolgy I think I will fix both problems thanks for any help and your time.

Rich

Rich_Barton

Post by Rich_Barton »

Hi Sarah;

I looked at my post and thought it might be hard to understand so I thought I would try it again for you.

I am using a gateway laptop with window XP home edition I can not find the local setting file any where.

I go in my documents and settings and open owner file and then there is no local settings.

Thanks for any help if you can I sure like using the pico 6 it Rocks.

Rich

Rich_Barton

Post by Rich_Barton »

Hi Group:

My problem has been fixed.
What Sarah told me for the fix is the correct fix but my problem was I could not find the file well it turn out my computer was hiding these from me so if anybody else has this problem you will have to get your computer to show the hidden file buy changing the setting then follow what Sarah said to do and all will work.

Thanks.

Rich