Recognition of Picoscope 4425 fails in Windows 7

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
asim

Recognition of Picoscope 4425 fails in Windows 7

Post by asim »

1_pico_goed_herkend.png
2_pico_goed_herkend.png
[4] As soon as I start the Picoscope 6 Automotive software I hear the unloading of a USB device while almost on the same time the software says that no suitable device is found:
3_niet_herkend_in_pico_software.png
[5] When I check the device manager after [4] the Picoscope doesn't show up in the device manager list:
4_uit_device_manager.png
So for some reason the "recognized" Picoscope gets unloaded as soon as the Pico automotive software is loaded resulting in the software not finding a suitable instrument.

Do you know how I can resolve this issue.

What I did so far:
-> reinstalled the software with the repair option
-> rebooted my windows pc several times
-> performed all the above as a "Windows"-administrator

Best regards,

Asim
-->
Hi,

I am using the Picoscope 4425 with the Picoscope 6 Automotive software version: 6.12.7.2724.

Normally I am using a virtual machine but since I couldn't get the Picoscope recognized anymorewithin my virtual machine I grabbed my windows 7 pro 64 bit laptop and installed Picoscope 6 Automotive on the laptop.

Despite the fact that my laptop is a "pure" windows laptop I also didn't managed to get the picoscope up and running.

What happens is the following:
[1] I start up windows
[2] I plug the Picoscope 4425 in the usb-port
[3] The picoscope gets recognized properly by windows. As you can see it shows up in the device manager:
1_pico_goed_herkend.png
2_pico_goed_herkend.png
[4] As soon as I start the Picoscope 6 Automotive software I hear the unloading of a USB device while almost on the same time the software says that no suitable device is found:
3_niet_herkend_in_pico_software.png
[5] When I check the device manager after [4] the Picoscope doesn't show up in the device manager list:
4_uit_device_manager.png
So for some reason the "recognized" Picoscope gets unloaded as soon as the Pico automotive software is loaded resulting in the software not finding a suitable instrument.

Do you know how I can resolve this issue.

What I did so far:
-> reinstalled the software with the repair option
-> rebooted my windows pc several times
-> performed all the above as a "Windows"-administrator

Best regards,

Asim