Capcha

Please post any comments related to the use of the forum here
Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Capcha

Post by Technician »

I fully agree Richard, I too have had experience of trying to post the same message around 30 times before final post accepted.

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

I'm being bombarded again by this and stupidly lost a long post, due to the captcha success but the body of the post being lost by the time it returned to Pico. Surely you can improve the way the temporary storage of the "post" is held while awaiting the captcha process?

It gets very frustrating. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Richard

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

I got hit by the captcha thing several times last night and today and it seems to be fixed, don't want to speak too soon.

Each time I clicked on the Cars, Road Signs etc. and it acknowledged I was human and didn't delete my text.

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Over two years and this problem persists! Why?

Hours spent on details to spend god knows how long to upload it. So frustrating. It really puts one off contributing.

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

After 45 mins or trying to prove I am not a robot. I am still a robot. No images today.

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

Martyn wrote: We are working on changing how this operates, as the nuisance value of it eating up the posts, is outweighing any benefit.

6 months passed and it's still there?

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

To say it's a PITA is the worlds largest understatement! :twisted: :twisted:

Come on Pico, please sort this out

Richard

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Any update on the Capcha on this forum. When it catches you out any typed information provided whether on the open forum or pm's is lost unless the member remembers to copy it before trying to post, can be really annoying when you lose the information and can't remember all what was written!!

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Mini - Update

Post by PicoMike »

Hi Guys,

I've encouraged IT to push through some slight changes to the Captcha rules as of today. Let's say for now the grip has been slightly loosened.

What I would like you to do if possible, is those of you that do frequently suffer from "Captcha Attack"is please report back here as to what your message contained (if the forum will let you). If not, please use the contact link to the right of this post and email me your forum post so I can then use this as a test base.

Things like HTML code and URL links are likely to trigger the Captcha. Currently, the forum shares a server that we must keep secure for obvious reasons. Once the forum upgrade is complete (awaiting an ETA) it will be sat on its own server, and therefore we will have far more control and flexibility.

Hopefully this explains some of the reasoning for the tight grip. I know it doesn't help you when attempt 28 causes you to lose the will to post, I can only apologise for this.

Like I said above though, the grip has been loosened. The Pico HQ network is white listed so we never see the problem from here. With these recent tweaks please do report to me when you are hit with the Captcha, and what your message contained. I can then attempt to make the same post from home, and report this back to IT.

It isn't much, but hopefully it is progress.
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Painful. :(