Peugeot 206 ABS (2004) model

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Peugeot 206 ABS (2004) model

Post by Technician »

Just a query to see if any of you have seen this fault. ABS warning light illuminates at key on, the ABS system does not appear to do a self check, therefore the ABS light does not extinguish and then immediately illuminate to indicate a fault.

The ABS light illuminates constantly. A check of the wheel speed sensors (two wire) system, magnetic not active, does not record any speed signals from the rear wheels. Upon removal of the brake drums, somebody had replaced the wheel bearings on both sides, but the sensor rings had not been replaced on either rear brake drum.

I was always under the impression that when the ECU completes a self check, that the electrical circuit being OK, the warning light would extinguish and then once the wheels are turned, if a speed signal is missing, then a fault is detected and the warning light would then illuminate. Am I now to understand that if magnetism does not generate a voltage while the wheel is static that the ABS system will register a fault!

Thanks.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Peugeot 206 ABS (2004) model

Post by Dcunning35 »

Not if the abs has logged dtc,s repeatedly , yes it can verify the circuit but until an "active" self test has passed the dtc will remain as a continuous dtc thus launching the warning lamp strategy.

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Thanks Danny, so you are saying that until the fault code has been cleared the eml strategy will remain illuminated!

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Yes I anticipate thats the logic behind the dtc