Stilo 1.9 jtd TMAP fault code

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
grunf1976
OneWave
OneWave

Stilo 1.9 jtd TMAP fault code

Post by grunf1976 »

Hi all,

I am in need of some help. I have friends Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD 16 V 140 hp. Engine code 192.5000.
I have fault codes for TMAP p0235 Boost Pressure Sensor Circuit and P0069 Barometric Pressure Sensor Circuit.
They appear each cycle of the ignition. Did all the regular stuff. Checked power and grounds, wiring ...,
When I hook it up to Pico there is no signal from TMAP, like it is dead.I tried with another sensor, nothing.
Is there anything that I could have missed, cause Fiat is not my strong side. Took a look at complete 5v circuit. So, can I take a look at something else before I rip open the ECU?

Thanks,
Mickey

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Stilo 1.9 jtd TMAP fault code

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi

Its alot easier to diagnose those sensor signals if we got your picoscope captures.

Could please upload your psdata file from the sensor signals !.

Have you done a visual inspection of the sensors, so there is nothing cracked or blocked at there location - just some basic stuff to look after.

Regards
Kim :wink:

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

p0235 Boost Pressure Sensor Circuit and P0069 Barometric Pressure Sensor Circuit.
They appear each cycle of the ignition.
The BIG clue here is "each cycle of the ignition" This job does not need a scope, just yet !!

Engine Off Ignition On -
What are Live data readings for both MAP and Baro ?
Are they the same ?
Do you know what to expect ?

If you have properly tested the 5v Supply and Ground to both sensors and still have 2 MAP sensors delivering no signal then you either have 2 bad sensors or your testing is flawed - No other options are available to you !

Signal wire short to ground ?

grunf1976
OneWave
OneWave

Post by grunf1976 »

Hi,
Thanks for your replies. It was very busy when I wrote so I forgot to attach wave form. I left that one for after hours.
So this is what happened. I rechecked everything. 5v supply, ground. There was no short to ground on signal wire.Took that sensor and put it on another car. Signal was ok, I noticed that pressure sender for ac uses 5v also. when I took closer look it turned out that it was shorted. Unplugged it and I got TMAP back. good signal and all..... Changed ac sensor and all is good.
I will newer get used to Italians :D .

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Are you sure there was no typo between P0235 code and P0535 ?

grunf1976
OneWave
OneWave

Post by grunf1976 »

Good thinking, but no. :D . Those were the codes. I have them saved on my scanner

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

I'm confused
I rechecked everything. 5v supply, ground. There was no short to ground on signal wire
I am now assuming that your 5v and Ground Checked out as Ok - Have I got that right ?
I noticed that pressure sender for ac uses 5v also. when I took closer look it turned out that it was shorted
Shorted up to B+ or Negative ? Either way how did that not manifest itself at the MAP sensor ?