Mini Cooper S (Petrol / Benzine) 2007

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Mini Cooper S (Petrol / Benzine) 2007

Post by Dcunning35 »

The ford ecoboost units ,1.0, 1.6 2.0 and newer 1.5 and 2.3 engine use the bosch sensor . They are serviced separately and do fail on the 1.0.
Plenty on ebay.
Just fyi when the sensor fails the pump kicks out max pressure so on those .
Danny

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Volrem

Thank you for the information. I will do some research and report back.

Thanks Danny.
Any Chance of a link. I did try but so many different ones come up that it is overwhelming. And for the sensor you pick out we would need some specs.

1. Max Pressure.
2 .Pin Data.
3. Pressure to Output Voltage Data.
4. Thread Size - (That could be measured when it arrives)

thank you

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Il try and post a link , if not I will get the finis code , the specs for pressure v voltage are not published , however I can obtain them serially from a known good vehicle .
I think the common rail diesel pressure sensor may be a little high but I did send you the matrix for thoose sensors and ive about 10 in my toolbox I can post you one with the relavant connector if that helps buddy

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

I think the common rail diesel pressure sensor may be a little high
Will work fine, they are accurate enough down to 20 or 30 bar. Below that we KNOW we have an issue with the pump. We want to know how high it can safely go not how low - if that makes sense ?

Having slept on this there is more homework to be done here, it is not a simple case of "Dead Heading" the pump to measure max output, there will have to be a pressure relief device added to stop it (the pump) destroying itself or its drive mechanism, Cambelt ..... ...... and that device will always have to be set below the one on the rail. Working on the theory that once they have "blown off" they cannot be relied upon again.

"T"ing it in and carefully monitoring pressure and manipulating the regulation valve is another idea but that has its limitations too. If the pressure is low you will not know if the pump is faulty or the regulator is spilling it away.

I think this will be best achieved mimicking the Delphi Diesel kit which has 5v supply, a digital read out, pressure sensor and a Relief valve. In fact it is all there except for the relief valve is set too high and the pipes may not fit. A trip to Pirtek will solve the Pipe issue, and a variable Relief valve between the Delphi Block and the new pipe will spill off any excess pressure preventing pump or engine damage.

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
Please make a capture with crank,cam inlet,cam outlet signals from your engine.
I have a N12B16 engine with stall & rattle idle at cold engine,no faults and I need a reference to confirm/or not the chain elongation.
Thank you.

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

And for the sensor you pick out we would need some specs.

1. Max Pressure.
2 .Pin Data.
3. Pressure to Output Voltage Data.
4. Thread Size - (That could be measured when it arrives)

thank you[/quote]
Hello,
I used this sensor made by Bosch.It is accurate enough in range 0-35 bar (0,7%) ,will work in range 0-250 bar and you will find very easy on ABS/ESP 5.7 from E39.Also here you will find the requested specs.
Regards.
Attachments
0265005303.rar
(422.86 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Please make a capture with crank,cam inlet,cam outlet signals from your engine.

Sorry Vic have been away from that car. The other problem is that I cannot be certain the timing is correct on that car.

However I do have a good car now with no engine Issues so I will get you the Cam Crank Waveforms and launch them to the Library.

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Victor

With regard to testing the High Side Fuel Pressure, it is not the transducer that is the only issue. As per my post above we also need a pressure relief valve.

Blocking pump output with a gauge has the potential to break the pump or rip the chain / belt off.

I am looking at and studying the Delphi Sealed Rail Kit YDT 278 http://dizelist.ru/files/ydt278manual.pdf

Although there is no mention of a relief valve, there is one in the Block (item A) on the first page.