Toyota Hiace(Diesel) dtc: P0093

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
MasudRM
OneWave
OneWave

Toyota Hiace(Diesel) dtc: P0093

Post by MasudRM »

Hi guys, I'm working on a 2011 Toyota Hiace(Diesel with 1kd ftv engine) that starts well but after idling 5 to 10 minutes MIL comes on and the engine stops. The ecu stores dtc P0093. After erasing the dtc the engine starts well ad the same trouble happens again and again. Me with my co-workers have already checked almost every trouble areas regarding to the dtc.We changed the common rail, high pressure pump, injectors, injector driver, ecu as well. But still same result!
What can cause this problem?
Anyone?

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Toyota Hiace(Diesel) dtc: P0093

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
What tool was used to read the faults ?Any freeze frame is available for your fault code?
Try to register the engine parameters for 10-15 minutes using Techstream and upload the result.
Maybe someone can see some issues in your recordings...
Regards

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

We changed the common rail, high pressure pump, injectors, injector driver, ecu as well.
WHY ? Any Conclusive evidence ?

First - Put the original parts back on !!!

P0093 - Sudden Pressure Loss.
Could you please post a capture - Ignition off > Cranking > Idling >>>>>>> Fast Idle if Possible - of Rail Pressure Sensor and a something that shows me engine position and speed. Crank / Cam / Injector Current for synchronisation ... Anything !

I assume you have proved the supply to the pump ?

MasudRM
OneWave
OneWave

Post by MasudRM »

Sorry for the late response!
Here is freeze frame data and live datas,
Hope someone may find better clues.
Thank you...
Attachments
Live data
Live data
Live data
Live data
Live data
Live data
Freeze frame data
Freeze frame data
Freeze frame data
Freeze frame data
Freeze frame data
Freeze frame data
Freeze frame data
Freeze frame data
Freeze frame data
Freeze frame data

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

First, that Screen needs a clean - the finger marks have more prominence than the data :)
Live Data. Freeze Frame .... .... will not reveal any clues for that. It is Sudden / Instant for that DTC to set. Very different from P0089 - (Small Leak)

Can you get the scope captures that I requested, or not ?

MasudRM
OneWave
OneWave

Post by MasudRM »

First, that Screen needs a clean - the finger marks have more prominence than the data :)

Live Data. Freeze Frame .... .... will not reveal any clues for that. It is Sudden / Instant for that DTC to set. Very different from P0089 - (Small Leak)
STC wrote: Can you get the scope captures that I requested, or not ?
Thanks for your opinion, Scope is not available.
Yesterday we removed the filter, and connected the fuel hose directly from tank to high pressure pump, we make sure that there is no air in the line, now what happen is, engine runs fine and it take more than 30 minutes for the mil to appear, engine runs good even on 3000+ rpm, but eventually the code comes on. And after disconnecting the egr harness connector p0093 remains with egr code, but engine dosent stops.
Can't find any solution....

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
If you look at -2 freeze frame for the main injection period you can see an increase of 25-30%(from 370 us to 480 us)!
Please make an archive with your .tse file and upload.
Also try to supply your injection system from a separate source of diesel(maybe you have some suction issue in your tank or some blockage).
Thank you

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi

When you replaced the high pressure pump, did you reset the fuel pump learning value.
It's very vital that ecu knows the new current (amps) limit of the suction control valve.

Regards
Kim

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

p0093 remains with egr code, but engine dosent stops.
Can't find any solution....
There is a possible solution. HP Pump / SCV Adaptation / Learned Values quite likely will not solve P0093 (Sudden Pressure Loss)
Thanks for your opinion, Scope is not available.
You are welcome. Perhaps gain a scope or pass it on to some one that has !

I have past experience of the very same fault that you have. (Is this a Denso System ?) Without the scope it cannot be seen !
Last edited by STC on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

In the absence of a scope an Analogue Voltmeter on the FRP may just expose the P0093 setting criteria. Just be aware of the reasons we do not use them on modern vehicles and why, they can cause more issues than they solve.