saving screens

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
jez1342
OneWave
OneWave

saving screens

Post by jez1342 »

is it possible to connect the scope up to say a crankshaft sensor, crank the engine over and have patterns automaticly saved. its difficult sometimes getting the scope in a position where i can crank the engine and reach the space bar at the same time. saying i need longer arms would not be helpfull!

ricardo
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ricardo »

Hi Jez,

Yes longer arms would be one way! Failing that you can use the 'save on trigger' (SOT) function. Every time the scope triggers the captured waveform will be saved to a file on the harddisk. To enable this function you need to go to Settings|Trigger and tick on the 'Save on trigger' box.

When you finish your SOT session you will have a bunch of .psd files, if you open the first one manually with File|Open you can then browse through the rest using the 'Page Up' and 'Page down' keys on your keyboard.

Best regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator

Carl Grotti
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Carl Grotti »

In addition to Ric's very good recommendation, may I suggest another option? What I use often is a wireless presentation mouse. Set your cursor arrow over the go/stop button. Use your wireless mouse anywhere within a reasonable proximity. This will allow you to start and stop the ADC acquisition from where ever you want. The "Laser Mouse" is what I use.

Hope this is helpful,

Carl