Transporter T5 1.9 TDI AXC

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Transporter T5 1.9 TDI AXC

Post by Dcunning35 »

Just a thought as fueling is way more critical when cold , I would have thought if misfire was glow plug related it would clear if reved initially ,clearing cylinder of any unburnt fuel .
Granted you need to make sure they work but I think theres more to this
Danny

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Thanks for the clarification. I did read it right. I still have questions about it - more curiosity than anything but I'm not going to derail a thread over wiring design. It a European thing.

Thanks
FF

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Dcunning35 wrote:Just a thought as fueling is way more critical when cold , I would have thought if misfire was glow plug related it would clear if reved initially ,clearing cylinder of any unburnt fuel .
Granted you need to make sure they work but I think theres more to this
Danny
The engine misfiring stops when the engine speed is increased from idle, sometimes it then idles normal and after a short while starts to become rough, maybe it is something to do with the injector seals?

When I took it for the remap the tuner advised that he had similar experience with a 2.5 litre and the customer complained of misfiring and difficult starting in the mornings from cold, the tuner advised that he cured it by changing the injector seals but bought OEM from the dealers as in his experience he said the after market seals were not as good.

The customer text me this morning advising the van is OK, so I don't know now if it was just at the time I had the van that day or there is an underlying problem, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for all your input and advice. :)

grunf1976
OneWave
OneWave

Post by grunf1976 »

PD Injector Loom.jpg
This is the loom for 2.0 tdi engine. injectors for 1.9 tdi are on the outside like any other engine .
-->
STC wrote:Freddy

For your reference, here is a picture of the Injector / Glow plug loom (fits under the rocker cover)

The round plug will fit / exit at the back of the head.
PD Injector Loom.jpg
This is the loom for 2.0 tdi engine. injectors for 1.9 tdi are on the outside like any other engine .