Pico Diagnostics 6.12.4 issue

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Pico Diagnostics 6.12.4 issue

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
Today I installed the new 6.12.4 software.
In Pico Automotive the software see my 4425,in Pico Diagnostics not(so I can't perform a relative compression test).
I blamed my w7/64 bits but installing(for test)6.11 version I can perform the relative compression test...so on the same OS
the old software work(1.8.4.1692) ,the new one not(version 1.9.3.2427).
On the bottom left side I can see the message"analysing data..." , not "4425 detected" and start is inactive. :cry:
Tomorrow I will test on other PC the new 6.12.4 version.
Thank you
Attachments
here is "analysing data" with 1.9.3.2427
here is "analysing data" with 1.9.3.2427
Here is the compression test with 1.8.4.1692 version
Here is the compression test with 1.8.4.1692 version

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Pico Diagnostics 6.12.4 issue

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
Tested today with dotnetfx 4.5, 4.5.2,no improvement.
Work PicoDiag from 6.11.12,6.12.1 but not from 6.12.3 or 6.12.4
No warning at program starting,only missing "pico not detected" in the first screen
In W7/Device managar I can see Pico4000 in devices :oops:
Until now I don't know if is my hardaware/software fault.On Dell630 with XP I can't install Beta versions :cry:
Any advice is wellcome

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

Can you email in to support@picotech.com and one of the team can work through this with you
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi
yesterday, using a 3 series scope I had a similar problem ... but, and not sure if it's relevant or would have made a difference, as only occurred to me this morning, we had the main pico program running, and that MIGHT have had the scope "connected" rather than in demo mode ... maybe stealing or holding the device ... ?

It would be nice, no good for users, who in the heat of automotive battle with symptoms, might forget that only one program can "own" the connection to the scope! It's part of a robust interface to report "silly" mistakes a user could be foreseen to make ...

So, it would be good if you could add these to the feature request list ...
  • Ability to swap scope ownership without closing the programme - inc beta to RC and vice versa, Software to Diagnostics
    The current connect box, remains permanently on the menu, with ability to swap to demo scope (maybe even choose the demo model!!
    That the demo scope autoloads when double clicking a file and no other scope is "FREE"
    Starting any app checks for scope being used by another and asks if it should be "re-allocated"
    Multiple scopes work on 1 PC, so that Diagnostic could use a 3 series without interrupting the 4 series doing Software tasks
    Any app gives user proactive advise when the scope is no longer actively assigned to it, and option to steal it back, or swap to demo (allowing users to flit between apps with minimum drama)
    NONE of the swapping of device assignment, loses ANY data, causes any refresh, or detriment to the user experience or data
    even USB cable removable is POLITE to the user, no data loss etc etc
However, I'm not saying this is the cause of Victor's or my issues yesterday, but it does highlight a silent battle, that could easily cost a user much time and brain drain, just when they don't need it...

Thanks
Richard

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

I'm still unable to get the current beta (6.12.4) to work for Diagnostics, the start button does not enable, and if you "ignore" this on the basis you have automated it without removing the button, it does not register the actions of the car/scope leads, either with or without the WPS500 connected to channel B. This was a compression test. But previously had an issue with battery/starter test.

Sadly, although, it did work once, the current RC crashed once (did email report via software) and then failed to calculate / got an error from the data (the leads had not moved since a working test !) ... File attached, not sure if it saved/recorded anything of value.

Is it worth an uninstall/re-install ?

Thanks
Richard
Attachments
error compression.pddata
(108.77 KiB) Downloaded 474 times

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
Today I used PicoDiagnostics 6.12.4 on a fresh installed w7 /64 bits with UpdatePack7R2 by simplix.
I think you must tell us the requirement for any new version.
Some KBs installed by automatic update was the source of issue(I think).
Thank you