New beta v16.12.4.2427 bug zooming

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

New beta v16.12.4.2427 bug zooming

Post by FioranoCars »

Using the 3243 scope
PC is Win10 x64 lots (ASUS) lots of memory/fast processor etc (Steve you have the spec from another support ticket)
It was the second capture of the session (PC not rebooted, but software started)
Once problem occurred swapped to normal release version and continued without further incident, sadly due to time pressure could not take screen shots .... sorry

The lines are redrawn in THICK widths when redrawn, so it was impossible to see the crank waveform at all, no matter how deep the zoom, just solid!

Could not open the file in RC version, as it's not backward readable.

So the capture was taken (using a trigger), same bug as already reported! :!: so beta not fixed that!

Once complete, the capture was zoomed, moved within zoom, backup of zoom, rezoom etc etc (some possibly before save, and might have had the issue before save, and might not have checked zoom after save), it might have been there from the first zoom attempt, or might have become thick lines after a few zooms, sorry was up against a time constraint!

Anyway this morning re-opened in the Beta software (it had been closed and restarted since yesterday) although PC has not been rebooted or even slept, and the file views fine, zoom is good, can see all the detail.

Sorry, it's not much to go on, but maybe now the "bug" is in the awareness others might be able to tied down their actions leading up to it's appearance more carefully than I did!

Thanks
Richard
Attachments
355 flywheel 02.psdata
Datafile with zoom issue
(2.08 MiB) Downloaded 613 times

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: New beta v16.12.4.2427 bug zooming

Post by FioranoCars »

Bug update
Finally managed to get this to recur
thick zoom.png
1. Latest beta still (beta v16.12.4.2427) on fast W10x64 lots of ram PC (Steve has PC spec) but using a NVidia GeForce GTX960M touch/pen not enabled.
2. Triggered capture (same template as previous upload, maybe extra channel in use)
3. zoomed before saving, post saving made no difference.
4. First Zoom gave thick lines, I think the video file captures 3rd and 4th zoom, so was already zoomed, hence why started the video recorder. I think initial screen draw was fine, but not 100% as was zooming straight away to see detail.
5. Save file, close Pico, restart beta, load from recent files, all OK with Zoom.
6. Scope was a 3423

Not sure if the Bug reproduces if you save first BEFORE zooming, but will try that too.
Bug does not happen each capture, only once in 4-8 yesterday
Attachments
bandicam 2016-11-22 12-37-27-791.mp4
video of zooming and thickj lines
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 504 times

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

I have noticed that for a year. Maybe more maybe less.
Doesn't happen often.

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

I've not noticed it before with either beta or RC software, on 3 or 4 series scopes, but then again might not have been paying any attention :oops:

The laptop this happens on has been in service for 6months, so not new to Pico duty!
Not seen it on any other Laptop ... yet
Richard

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you Richard and Volrem for the posts and for persisting with the reproduction of the symptom.

I will create a bug report and file this ASAP.

Take care.......Steve

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello again, the bug is filed and now with the software team

Thank you again, take care......Steve