P1191 Opel Vectra Z22YH engine

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: P1191 Opel Vectra Z22YH engine

Post by Tronic »

Of course not STC! It is all about my curiosity in how the system work and how much that can be read out from Pico curve forms. In other words, it is not all about this particular fault, I just want to know and learn if there is anything in what I asked that can be useful to get deeper understanding. If someone got time to answer, see the two previous posts of mine, I would be more than happy.

Bjorn

Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Tronic »

Hi STC!

No I did not ignore what you wrote about HP reacting in oposite direckon to RPR duty cycle. It was late and forgot to comment on that in my posts and probably also to focused on my findings in my psdata file. Sorry for that... I am very thankful that you are taking your time to help. Will be back later, I am at work right no.

Cheers!

Bjorn

Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Tronic »

Hi STC!

Did also add a math channel for the duty cycle and have now been looking back and forth on the two frames whereas nr 8 shows a more normal behavior but frame 9 the opposite. The rapid on duty command in frame 9, as you commented in the picture, do not reveal a corresponding, increased change in rail pressure - RPS output are opposite or with small change. So, with that information on hand, could it be a more or less stuck RPR or RPS fail to react to increased rail pressure. Well, can not get any longer while I do not have the car and besides, no gain in fill the forum with useless posts meanwhile :lol:

Bjorn

Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Tronic »

Meanwhile, here is my toolbox when I am not working as a teacher 8) I am about to fix a Volvo CEM module at the moment.
Attachments
Toolbox.jpg

andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Hi Tronic

been following this thread and Ive got to say that's a very nice tool box especially the rigol scopes and is that a rigol signal generator as well very nice

Andrew

Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Tronic »

Hi Andrew!

Yes it is a Rigol DG4102 100Mhz gen and the 4 channel Rigol scope is a DS4014 and to the left is a Rigol spectrum analyzer and a lots of other usable tools :) I have other tools at home but other brands, only one Rigol. I am mostly into RF but does job on almost everything.

Bjorn

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Hi Tronic,

I don't suppose those scopes will have problems catching glitches :)

Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Tronic »

Hi Technician!

No they don't! :lol: The scope is hrm... modified from 100 to 500Mhz. Since the hardware is the same for 100Mhz and 500, it is only a matter of a software hack. I didn't need that bandwidth but did it just for fun :)

Cheers!

Bjorn

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Pico might get jealous if their scopes can't match the cycles :mrgreen:

andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by andrewbishop66 »

So this is a zoom of the HP sensor

does not look very good compared to the diesels Ive looked at lately it looks like 1 of the pistons/diaphragms may be faulty

or I could be wrong as Im just musing

Andrew
Attachments
Untitled.png