Auto Solve Diagnostic Assistance

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Auto Solve Diagnostic Assistance

Post by andrewbishop66 »

Not strictly pico diagnostics but sold by pico

Does anyone have experience of the above
saw a Dillon diagnostics video where it was used and looked like it contained some handy data

Thanks Andrew

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Auto Solve Diagnostic Assistance

Post by EAAD »

Hi Andrew

I've sent them 3 emails and phoned them.... Spoke to a lady on the phone asking just one question

No reply

Was going to buy it...... But really unhappy at the customer assistance atm. It's shockingly crap to date imvho.

If ANYONE has James Dillon's contact details...... Give him a nudge please as I still want it but just needs a question answering?

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

James joined the forum sometime ago, and while we work closely with James on various things he isn't very active on here.

His profile does have an "email me" link though.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=15757
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

Message left, I'll hopefully get a response from this one? Busy busy people ;)

andrewbishop66
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by andrewbishop66 »

well i bit the bullet and ordered today though pico

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

andrewbishop66 wrote:well i bit the bullet and ordered today though pico
The software v13 is approx 2 yrs old now
Looking at its revision history, it may be due an update? That's my question for James Dillon.
I didn't want to get it if an update is imminent in a month or two and v14 is due out?

I will buy it but it'll be in June this year

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

EAAD wrote:
Message left, I'll hopefully get a response from this one? Busy busy people ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

Nothing, nil, zip nada........ tumblweed.

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

An update....

I went to the mechanex show Manchester yesterday and met James Dillon in person (the only way I could get hold of him tbh)..... 'Twas a really good lecture he presented imho and a nice fella as well.

I asked him about this software and it's no surprise that there 'may' be a revision due? Lol but wouldn't really give anything away.

The company may also help those who've just got v13 with an upgrade but will have to wait and see for that. He didn't have v13 with him and I couldn't find it anywhere at the show so I will wait for the new version via the usual outlets..... IF & WHEN it's released.

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi all
I last bought a version of this in 2010, having had an early 2006 edition, and teh change was massive, but never been quite compelled to buy a newer version, mainly due to upgrade costs and infrequent updates.

How is the new V16?
Do you get any offer to update from V13?

Sadly I've never even had an email offering an update, or new product news (shame), but might be tempted back ... so what do you think of the new version?

Thanks
Richard

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

Hi Richard

I've not really seen v13 and below other than it's description on the net.ive only used this version,16 and only the once.

The whole software is just an aide and in my opinion just for the inexperienced, like me. I can see the benefits of a written reminder, a thought jogger when you're drawing a blank however judging your level of knowledgable posts on here I aren't sure it will help you?

It seems ok but you aren't investing in any kind of updates it's just buying it outright. The so called updates just seem to be a newer release without another dongle in the future???

There are some golden nuggets of info in it which saves looking elsewhere however I reiterate, I am unconvinced that it's of any real benefit for experienced techs/master techs. It is another string to the bow so to speak.

As for an upgrade, it's just what James Dillon said in person to me, I don't know if the offer came to fruition for anyone? Furthermore I understand him to have meant an upgrade for those who have literally JUST purchased v13 as a good will gesture.

Just an opinion, I'm sure there'll be others.

Kind regards