CANBUS on Bosch MED9.1.1 Lamborghini

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: CANBUS on Bosch MED9.1.1 Lamborghini

Post by KimAndersen »

Oh - I forgot this part.

Here is how it looks under Adaptation Status MVB 64.
Group 2 is what you should be looking at.

Group 1 : information on Last grid learning
Group 2 : qualification bit for grid data in EEPROM
Group 3 : Clutch kiss point learning status
Group 4 : clutch wear index status

Regards
Kim

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

KimAndersen wrote:Group 1 : information on Last grid learning
Group 2 : qualification bit for grid data in EEPROM
Group 3 : Clutch kiss point learning status
Group 4 : clutch wear index status
OK, these are the adaptations status' which report 0,1,0,0
Based on these, all look good, see below for factory table for the 4 items:
information on Last grid learning - 0= positive; 1: in progress; 255= negative
Qualification bit for Grid Data in EEPROM - 0=Data in EEPROM old* or invalid or new TCU; 1= Data in EEPORM valid
Clutch kiss point learning status - 0= positive; 1: in progress; 255= negative
clutch wear index status - 0= positive; 1: in progress; 255= negative

So basically no self-learning will change things, which is as we suspected, but at the time did not have access to these labels ...

Kim, I'm going to post this over on Ross-Tech, and continue the DTC related discussion there rather than cross post, but any further Pico related stuff or New Updates on actual progress, will be back to let this forum know :D

Thanks
Richard

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Sorry forgot to mention, "qualification bit for grid data in EEPROM" is relating to the self learnt positions for each gear (1-6, R and N) that form a grid.

so without this the gearbox actuators would be unable to confirm if they had engaged or not the correct gear, or could confirm if the existing position and how to shift to the next selection.

In this instance the grid is deemed good. This of course would prevent gear selection if it was flagged as invalid!

Thanks
Richard

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi Richard

When I look at the value from MVB 64 group 1 "information on Last grid learning" - the value are " 0 " which means unacceptable grid it should be "1".

Have you followed the Grid Self tuning (Routine 2). step !

Regards
Kim :wink:

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi Kim
Appreciate the check of values, but my data is factory, ok, it is a 2009 dated version, but that might just be the last revision they did for that section. and it is the LP560 2009MY page.

If that value was out of spec then the value for block 2 would be too, in that it would not be showing as valid!? :!:

So I think our car has not need for any self learning, not that i would attempt it now we have a new ECU ready to put in ... just need to get the sucker coded!!

Thanks
Richard

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Ok, we're nearly there, and in fact from a test perspective, and Pico usage for this car today ..., we are ...

New Egear ECU arrived, as did a donor LP560, with good Egear ECU.
The Donor ECU allowed us to confirm the car works on a good ECU without generating faults, and does drive, that's the good news!

Kim, Just FYI - The block 64 values on the Donor Car were 0 + 1 + 0 + 0 the same as our old ecu.

We figured out how to reset the Steering ECU error
And Got the new ESP coded, so now the car is potentially error free!

BUT ...

The new Gerbox ECU, refuses to learn at least 2 elements:
1. Clutch Characteristic Self tuning (Routine 3) (adaptation to degree of deterioration)
2. Clutch Kiss Point Self tuning (Routine 1) - must be ubdertaken with engine running at >70c temp
+ any other coding that we're not aware of, possibly the first element to allow these 2 routines to operate! ... and both of which are needed.

The other critical configuration for a new ECU is the Grid Self tuning (Routine 2), which is successful & generated 14 + 1.
... but the The block 64 values on the New ECU remain 0 + 1 + 255 + 255 - so 2 elements noted above shown in "negative" condition (well we knew that, but anyway)!
So, anyone have any ideas on what/how to fix this?

Can't say what was corrupt in the Old ECU, but at least we know that once the new ECU is initalised/learnt the fix is complete!

Any ideas, just shout away...

Thanks
Richard

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi Richard

It's fantastic - finally some progress with the Gallardo LP560. Everything thing is working as it should - except for the missing adaptation routines (1-3).

The adaptation values in block 64 are first saved when ignition key are switch off for at least 1 min.

Regarding the missing routines would I say - try to adapt these settings once more and follow the instructions precise.

Lastly - how are the values under MVB block 10 for clutch status !!!

Good luck. :wink:
Kim

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Hi Richard
just need to get the sucker coded!!
We spoke about this briefly on the phone.

I wonder if there is an Eeprom in there that can be lifted and moved over to the new unit and bingo. Kerrching :D

As already discussed if the "fault" is in the Eeprom data (Corruption) then all we do is shift the problem to the new TCU. I agreed with you at the time. Still stand by that.

Eeprom data corruption is not going to affect Can Voltages or cause noise on the network. Is it ??
Missing Messages, Invalid data, gremlins and the Like - Yes agreed.

The process is easily reversible should it not work. Then we also have the opportunity to clone the TCU from the Donor vehicle you hopefully still have. It is not corrupted and we have proof of that. We may have to convert some Hex to ASCI and/or Decimal to realign the VIN so it is all matched, happy and legal.

All said and done, it is MED 9, regardless of which car it is bolted into, a Gallardo or a Golf with DSG??

Just a suggestion, Plan B or C should you be struggling.

Of course if you can get it coded as per VM preferred methods then I would encourage you to take that route. It is a no brainer.

Would be shame to let the dealer take away the Eureka moment, the Glory, the lap of honour :D after all your efforts and heartache.

Let me know.