Feature request: Trigger from maths channel?

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Feature request: Trigger from maths channel?

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Richard and thank you for the feedback.

Your New Feature request will be logged rest assured

We do have a new feature on the way in the next beta build whereby each "Field" within a CAN frame will be colored to assist with identification of specific CAN Fields (when decoded)
CAN FRAME FIELD ID
CAN FRAME FIELD ID
Clicking on a CAN Frame (waveform) will highlight the matching data within the Decode Table and also draw a black border about the CAN Frame

The same can also be said for clicking on a data row in the Decode Table.
This will take you directly to the relevant buffer and draw a black border about the required CAN Frame waveform

Any CAN frames that cannot be decoded or where errors exist within the CAN data, the data row in the decode table will be highlighted in red (Indicating an error)

Clicking on this red error data in the Decode Table will take you directly to the relevant buffer and offending CAN Frame
CAN FRAME ERROR
CAN FRAME ERROR
I hope this helps, take care.......Steve

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Perfect, ahead of me as usual!!
Thanks, also see thread of Lambo CAN bus where the decode is getting the dataspeed wrong, maybe you can try this file using your latest internal alpha's and see if it can help improve the detection?

Maybe you have views on the noise level in that capture? Or of course other ideas/comments, as it's a car doing my head in!!

Keep up the great work
Richard

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi Steve
On the subject of Triggers and feature requests ... :idea:

I was trying to trigger based on on of either of 2 K lines being active, while running diagnostic tool tests ... Sadly as I know I could not use a maths channel to added them together (to get 24v) and then trigger based on a say 6v+ drop (as either would drop 12v if it became active) ... but also there might be a time when 1 of 2 conditions, or indeed both of 2 conditions need to happen (maybe 1 rising and 1 falling) ... auto electricals are becoming ever so complex and hence some conditions are harder to pinpoint.

So can you add a multichannel trigger with And/Or operations to the feature request list? I know it's a small number of possible uses, but would be extremely useful when needed.

Separately, rather than just single and repeat, could a "continuous" mode be added ... so once triggered capture either (0) for unlimited buffers (or preference limit), or a number for how many buffers to capture?

That then logically raises, adding an end event trigger as a further feature request :D

Is it possible to also add a time stamp to the file, of capture start, trigger activated, capture end/length ?
- For overnight/weekend long parasitic drain tests, this would be very handy to see the trigger time. The PC time would be fie, as most are NTC updated anyway. So more than file save time, the times within the displayable data, even just added to the notes field as text by the software (a preference you can enable/disable?).

I'm off to read a tutorial on alarms, as not sure I'm getting it, so any pointers and tips welcome :oops:

Richard

davidwag

Post by davidwag »

Thanks Steve,

Good to catch up and have a chat.
Been playing with this, but not had much time to spend on it yet. The key seems to be in setting the mask so as to not get false triggers from the peaks at end of messages. Will keep playing and report back.

Thanks

David