Ford Focus 1.6TDCI not starting

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Ford Focus 1.6TDCI not starting

Post by victor2k »

ECU is Bosch 0 281 011 701 /4M51-12A650-YD
The injectors and wires was checked -I have 0,3 ohm resistence of coil,without short to gnd or +
The supply also was checked.
Why I have only 4 injection on every injector?
With KTS I captured the rail pressure,engine speed and corelation of injection with number of faults
Attachments
IMG_5720[1].JPG
20161006_130044[1].jpg

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Vicktor

Is there any point diagnosing the Non Start on this car with relative compression so low ?

This does not sit well with the fault codes you have but I did think that, from memory, you have a Cam / Crank correlation issue. I don't have a Pico with me here to compare in the Library.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

The engine sync pid or fuel start will help proove correlation these dv6 engines do have a magnetic tone ring peened onto the tooth gear and can slip, belt tensioners break too . However the inlet cam is belt driven and exhaust is driven by a chain across the too if you can probe a bores scope in and verify the exhaust cam turns as these suffer block death and oil starvation to turbo and cams .
Looking at the state of the pcm id say that's giving the injector codes it looks ropey to say the least .
But the bores shouldn't be washed as its not injecting ?? So we need to verify compression with an actual compression test look for 350psi and it should build in five revolutions of the engine or your pardon the language pissing in the wind .
The car obviously has had questionable repairs just looking at the pcm ,probably a front impact .
Compression test it and re evaluate if its worth a pcm .
A used pcm will only need the injector values changing and pats handshake to ipc as keys are stored in ipc .
If you want send me a pm for my number and give me a call if i can help I will.
Danny

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
Until now I can't make a copression test(I need to take out injector 2 and make an adapter for my pressure sensor).
But I need your opinion about the intake pressure and crankcase pressure variation.
In my opinion the intake valve from cyl 1 not close very well,the pistons rings not have loose of pression.Or am I wrong?What is the limit for bad sealing valve,or bad sealing piston ring translated into the pressure variation?
On a russian forum I see this tests but without the pressure values.Also the tests was made on gasoline/without VVT engine,not on diesel engine.
For pressure conversion I used math tool with ((A+0.01349)/1.1164) formula and limits at 0.95 and 1.05 bar if someone can spend some time to look at my recordings.
Thank you
Attachments
Ford_Focus_2005_20161007-0001.psdata
(11.02 MiB) Downloaded 313 times
Last edited by victor2k on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Hi Viktor , I have to be honest and say I've never yet used the scope for actual compression only relative compression quick checks ,so I'm not the right person to advise you on your waveforms. I do think a traditional compression test followed by a cylinder leakage test will tell you everything you need to know here!.
I still think there's to issues here ,bad compression and the injector dtcs . I've never seen a dv6 log injector circuit dtcs due to correlation errors between cmp and ckp.
Even low frp on crank wouldn't log thoose dtcs.
Danny

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Vicktor

I agree with you on the Intake valve not sealing, for sure the pressure in the manifold is increasing as the piston in the offending cylinder is coming up.
The same piston is creating less crankcase pressure, quite likely because it has less to push past the rings in the first place.

Relative to the strongest cylinder your other 3 are at 88, 80 & 68%. You do have an issue in at least 3 maybe all 4 cylinders

I think you need to make that adaptor, pull the injectors or glow plugs and see what you have physically measured in the strongest cylinder. But you already know that :)

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
ECU was faulty.
Thank you for your support.