Honda CR-V 2012 No Start

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
MasudRM
OneWave
OneWave

Honda CR-V 2012 No Start

Post by MasudRM »

It's a 2012 Honda CR-V (Gasoline),it has keyless entry system, the car is not starting, battery voltage is ok, power comes at instrument cluster everything is normal at the meter, push button light is green.
When i try to stert the car it cranks ok but wont start. Fuel system is ok, checked for spark, it sparks 3/4 times while cranking then no spark.
There is no fault code!!
Dont have any idea where to start from.
The car is new its only 13641km on the odo, its a running car.

If anyone have any idea what to do with it please give your precious advice. I'll be waiting for your replies...
Thank You..

STC
Banned

Re: Honda CR-V 2012 No Start

Post by STC »

There is no fault code!!
What scan tool are using and how many control units have you looked in ?
Is it Direct or Manifold Injection ??

Start with Live values for Fuel Pressure, Synchronisation, Temperatures, Immobiliser - Well every thing really.

Very difficult to help you Masud with so few facts, testing & data in your initial post.

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

MasudRM wrote:
The car is new its only 13641km on the odo, its a running car.

Running ?

If its new, take it back to the dealer under warranty, you could be chasing your tail, it might be a ECU software problem

MasudRM
OneWave
OneWave

Post by MasudRM »

STC wrote:

What scan tool are using and how many control units have you looked in ?
Is it Direct or Manifold Injection ??

Start with Live values for Fuel Pressure, Synchronisation, Temperatures, Immobiliser - Well every thing really
We used Autel Maxisys Ds908 and also Launch xpad III.
Its a Manifold injection type, Live values seems to be normal except one thing, when i looked for immobiliser system it says System is normal but after some time when when i looked for the same system it says Immobiliser system is not normal, it happens only once. Again when i looked for immobiliser system it says system is normal.
Attachments
I saw this only once in the immobiliser system
I saw this only once in the immobiliser system

MasudRM
OneWave
OneWave

Post by MasudRM »

Liteace wrote: If its new, take it back to the dealer under warranty, you could be chasing your tail, it might be a ECU software problem
Well thanks for your advice but the car owner has left the car to us, so its not our concern to take the car to the dealer. 8)

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Let us get some facts straight.

Its 2012. Its 4 years OLD. It's not NEW.

Masud.

Other than ask on the forum, what testing have you done ?

Do you own a scope ?

MasudRM
OneWave
OneWave

Post by MasudRM »

I just removed the ECM and Smart Box then applied contact cleaner and heated the motherboards, then conneted them to the vehicle, tried to start the car but the result was same, didn't have any idea what to do next, so I stopped working on it for that day..
The next morning when I tried to start, it started well!! Everything was normal, again no fault codes, took the car for a test drive and it was good.
It doesn't make sense to me!! I don't know if anyone of you have seen something like this or not.

MasudRM
OneWave
OneWave

Post by MasudRM »

STC wrote: Do you own a scope ?
No I don't own a scope..
Thanks for your response...

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Masud

Good News that you have a Fix :D :D and it survived a test drive.
It doesn't make sense to me!! I don't know if anyone of you have seen something like this or not
I have been there too.

What will you tell your client now. (s)he will want to have some assurance of a permanent fix?

I have been in that position many times where it is fixed by magic. Drama is that they (mostly) come back with a vengeance.

Don't wish that upon you.

MasudRM
OneWave
OneWave

Post by MasudRM »

Well thank you.

After the car was fixed (by itself!) we keep the car for 2 days in observation, then we decided to handover the car to its owner.
You know we can't assure them that it is fixed permanently, but we assured them we will see if it happens again.

Let me tell you something, we have a good business link to the Honda dealer, so we took that car to them (after it fixed itself), and even they couldn't find any permanent solution at that point.Thay said they have never seen any case like that..